“I have not even stayed here yet but WOW”

Torrington Manor B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torrington
Torrington Manor B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Torrington B&B and Inns
Boulder CO
“I have not even stayed here yet but WOW”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I must say that the pre-service exceeds any other. I am so impressed with Lori's energy, commitment, and just being a remarkable people person. The hotel and Inn world needs more Loris! Heck, the world needs more kind people like Lori!! I will write another review, which I'm 100% sure will be grand, after my stay next week!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lovestheoceanandmtns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Holland, MI
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This property has been terrifically restored from its previous incarnations. The innkeeper, Lori, is very friendly. The player piano is very entertaining, and the common rooms are very well appointed. Two annoying things in our room: the toilet had some problem that made it noisy with drips, runs, and refills every five minutes, and the beautiful headboard wasn't attached to the bed, so it banged into the wall every time we touched it, as in reading in bed with the pillow propped against it. Breakfast was self serve with cold cereal, cinnamon rolls, and coffee that was not so good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tromba61
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The actual name of this charming and well-appointed B&B is the Torringford Manor B&B. For some reason it was initially posted as the Torrington Manor B&B. Maybe because it's located on Torringford Road in Torrington. This is a beautiful bed and breakfast - with two fireplaces, a music room with a player piano, and a library! The owner will gladly give you a tour and share the history of the house. Breakfasts, in the sunny and lovely dining room, are delicious. We enjoyed our stay so much we're returning at Christmas.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful with great attention to detail. Two have attached baths. The others us...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SusieGP
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

As the other reviewers have indicated, Laurie has done a wonderful job with the restoration of her house which is a part of the National Registry. Beyond that, she made us feel like welcome guests in her home. The facilities were beautiful as well as comfortable. We were not fortunate enough to have a private bathroom which was somewhat disconcerting even though the other users were part of our group and the rest of the house was ideal for gathering. We will certainly request a private bath for our next visit. Thank you Laurie for making our family reunion even more special.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RinORL
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a wonderfully run bed and breakfast. The owner has restored this old farmhouse to a lovely place to stay complete with a wrap around porch. Each room has a different theme and each room has door locks and private bathrooms. The place is very clean and the hosts are very nice and welcoming. They give great advice on local things to do. There are very few places to stay in this area make this your choice!

Room Tip: Just tell the owner what you like
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Marli0209
On The Road
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was immediately overcome with the sense of being right at home when I walked into the building and was so graciously greeted by the owner. She has done a complete renovation of this beautiful farm home keeping all of the historic charm of the place fully intact. My room was quaint with queen size bed and private bath. the common areas are spacious and have a sense of grandeur without being ostentatious.

I spent a lot of time at her player piano, a fully restored antique, for which she has hours of music rolls, the crown jewel of which is a rare performance of "Li" Liberace performing "An American in Paris"

Watching the sunset from the wrap around porch in the cool spring air was stunning and, although I was alone I can envision it as the perfect spot for a weekend getaway to rekindle romance with a spouse.

As far as entertainment in Torrington, check out the Webster Theater. The folks in Torrington are real proud of the theater ther is always something going on, Doobie Bros. last weekend "J.C. Superstar" coming in May

This was a nice stay and this will be the first place I go to my next time in Torrington, the owner was only too happy to see to it that I had everything I needed.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, she will help.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank MarkBCool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
Residence Inn Hartford Avon
Days Inn Torrington
Days Inn Torrington
#1 of 3 in Torrington

Been to Torrington Manor B&B? Share your experiences!