“New invention: pizza cracker”

Camille's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Tolland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

First time getting a pizza here was great, however, next two orders were something else altogether. Make sure you get there 10 minutes before they tell you it's ready, because chances are it will be done and sitting out long before you arrive. Last two orders were cold by the time I got them home. My most recent order was the prosciutto pie, and they give you the meat and the arugula separately to add when you get home, so it doesn't wilt in the oven. Fair enough, but when I opened the box at home, the pizza was cold and so thin and hard that it was like eating a cracker. Should have returned it to the restaurant, but we were too hungry to wait for another one. Should have thrown away the pizza and just eaten the prosciutto and arugula

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very good friends of ours took us here after an afternoon of "Open Studio" shopping in the quiet corner! Our friends have been here on three prior occasions! They're vegetarians and they raved bout this wood fired pizza place, so we had to try it, btw, we're not vegetarians... We love our friends and their great choices for food! The meatball appetizer was extremely tasty, the pizza - we picked our own toppings (spinach, sausage n mushrooms) was awesome... After we completed our meal we asked for coffee... They don't make it! WHAT? No coffee? No desserts either? WHAT? If that's the only negative, it's not a biggie! Truly a lovely place to enjoy a tasty meal with friends!

1  Thank Cheryl U
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The atmosphere on a Saturday night was family oriented so a bit hectic....yet mu wife and I were seated in a quiet upper section adjacent to the bar....very nice. The salads were wonderful,
and the pizza was unique. The service was particularly friendly and prompt. Will definitely become a regular here.

1  Thank drdesign
Reviewed October 26, 2013

i've read some mixed reviews of camille's which puzzles me now that i've been there. i am a hard grader because when i go out i want something as good or better than i could make at home! otherwise why bother?? camille's makes a very good pizza, and they support local producers. i love the decor-it's cozy but modern, a mixture of seating-hard chairs, soft chairs, big communal picnic table style-something for everyone. there's a few little nooks to sit in so you could defintely have a romantic dinner there, but there are also families and babies-just the way i like it. it's very friendly- lots of help in cute camille's t-shirts and smiles! (please, most places should coach the help in smiling). the service was also fast and flawless. strangely, another reviewer said the salads were lacking. we thought they were excellent! i also really like a place with an open kitchen . it is both reassuring and entertaining. and hey, let's talk bathrooms. it is a plain and simple fact- the kitchen and the bathroom are inextricably connected. you are fooling yourself it you don't acknowledge that, and you can bet that one reflects the other. camille's is both "cool" and clean, they pass that test. back to more appetizing topics, the bar is nice and i would definitely go there just for a drink, though with their food why stop at just a drink. true, the menu has limitations, but i agree with the philosophy that it is better to do fewer things and do them well than to overreach and fall short. i would like to find a pizza place that does a thicker crust well, but that's another story! ps- camille's put out a bucket of free halloween candy. that was nice touch. even though it was a good half hour from home, we'd return. visit this place for sure, you'll enjoy it!

2  Thank melanie s
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I didn't even realize this pizza place existed until I accidentally drove to the wrong corner of the plaza.. Glad I noticed it! Tolland doesn't have a ton of dining options so my family figured we'd try it out!

Went with my two year old & wife, got their garlic bread sticks & their special pizza offered.

The garlic cheese sticks were good. Nothing earth shattering, but they definitely were as advertised. The pizza crust was awesome & the toppings seemed fresh & well blended.

Our server was outstanding... I don't think I ever saw an empty glass on the table & he came over multiple times to get stuff for my daughter. The food came out in good time, we weren't waiting all that long.

I think the decor & seating arrangements were neat, something I'd expect to see in a trendy restaurant in a city. Nice lighting & cool combination of large butcher block tables as well as comfy corner "couches"

Price was average, same as any other pizza place not advertised during a football game. We'll definitely be going back. Definitely a nice little place to find. I didn't take a look at their bar, but it's got the atmosphere to be a cool place to grab a drink with friends too (if the t doesn't close early like every other small town business)

2  Thank Likeapuma