“We were married here in 2002 ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lord Thompson Manor

Lord Thompson Manor
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thompson
Lord Thompson Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thompson
New Haven, Connecticut
“We were married here in 2002 ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2006

When I was looking for a place to hold my wedding, I checked out a few locations spanning the entire state (my family's from CT). We had been fairly impressed with the place we saw prior to our stop at Lord Thompson Manor (LTM), and agreed that unless LTM "blew us away" we'd go with the former.

We were blown away.

My husband and I were married here in October 2002, and it was one of the most spectacular weekends ever. Andrew and Jackie (the couple who own the place) were gracious and welcoming. We spent the entire weekend (Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon), had about 30 guests for the rehearsal dinner (themed) on Friday night, 75-90 guests for the Saturday night nuptials, and by Sunday (after a phenomenal brunch) were teary eyed when leaving.

You will become familiar with their general manager, who will bend over backwards to accommodate your every need (and then some).

The rest of the staff is made up of mostly high-school-aged kids (the kind of kids you hope you can raise) dressed in tuxes and black velvet dresses. They were knowledgable, polite, helpful and wonderful.

Now for the record, my husband and I are foodies, meaning we know good food when we eat it, whether it's Michelin rated or the taco joint on the corner. This food is amazing, hands down (I think the chef at the time in 2002 had won a James Beard Award -- not sure if he/she is still there). You will not be disappointed.

The rooms are beautiful and the grounds equally so. Our guests were treated like royalty (as were we!) and to this day, still talk about that weekend. So do we.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but their Web site's pretty thorough, so check it out.

• Stayed October 2002
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank msp132

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2004

A charming B&B in a real New England town. The owners are great. In fairness, I stayed with a friend who knew the owners, so maybe we received "some" preferential treatment, but from the looks and feel, it's top-notch all the way. The rooms are very authentic, nicely redone. I was there in the middle of a snowstorm in February and it was like being in a movie. I was wishing that I could have just sat longer by the fire with a hot cocoa, napped whenever I wanted, etc.

Apparently their weddings are pretty awesome also - although probably somewhat pricey - although maybe not for NYC metro area standards, which is probably the crowd they attract.

Highly recommended.

6 Thank glbtrttr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thompson
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn Putnam
Publick House Historic Inn
Publick House Historic Inn
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Holiday Inn Express Auburn

Been to Lord Thompson Manor? Share your experiences!