“Average”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have eaten here on a few occasions. We did have a sub-par breakfast on one occasion. Their lunches are better...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Foodie_Mike1971

“My family & I have NEVER had a bad thing from this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We go to the Goose & Gander once a month. If we can afford it more than once we go (I'm unemployed). We've done breakfast, dinner, had them cater a party for us, ordered containers of food to take else where & have no complaints from any1. And we have picky people. Yankee pot roast, grilled reuben, the new specialty burgers.... All delish. Want a great dinner go there. The service is great too.

2 Thank k670shug
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Dont waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I began coming to Goose n Gander a year ago. The breakfast is soooo greasy it will slide off your plate. Nasty, disgusting food.The only good thing they make is tiny apple fritters outside of that stay away if you dont want to end up in the ER for the day....

1 Thank shellmatt070
Watertown
“Not a good way to do business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

A few weeks ago my wife and I made our first (and last) trip to
the Goose and the Gander restaurant in Thomaston for breakfast.

My wife ordered an omelet, some toast and coffee. I ordered two eggs over easy, hash, homefries, toast, coffee, and orange juice.

When we received our order, I noticed that my eggs were not 'over easy' but were fried hard. Not a big thing. The food was good, we finished our meal, paid the $28 bill, and left.

Afterwards, I couldn't help wondering about those eggs. Was it possible that the cook, skillful enough to work in a restaurant, did not know how to make eggs 'over easy?' That was hard for me to believe. I make them properly almost daily for myself.

Maybe the cook thought that I would not notice that the eggs were not over easy? That was also hard to believe. I did notice.

I came to the conclusion that the cook did not want to waste two eggs, said the heck with it, and sent the improper order out to me.

If you're going to charge me $28 for breakfast, is it asking too much that I get what I ordered?

For the price of two eggs (25 cents?) the Goose and the Gander lost two customers.

Not a good way to do business.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Haste502
Stratford, CT
“really not that good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

Okay, so I read the reviews and this seemed like a nice enough place to go. We were going to Thomaston to see Thomas the Train and wanted a place to bring the grandkids for lunch. As soon as we sat down, I asked my 2yr. old granddaughter if she had poopoo in her pants - she said no, but I couldn't seem to get the smell of pee and poo out of my nostrils. Come to find out, the smell was in the restaurant itself.

Notwithstanding the smell, the food was okay. Atmosphere was less than attractive, although I guess it was better than a fast food joint. Anyway, I wouldn't go back.

2 Thank llogique