“Good food, very casual atmosphere”
Review of Hometown Pizza III

Hometown Pizza III
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Thomaston
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stopped in for a quick slice while cruising the Connecticul countryside. There was an enormous variety of pizza to choose from. I had the eggplant, my hubby the pepperoni. Both delicious. Very casual small town joint.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

their florentine pizza is awesome, as is thier buffolo chicken. their sandwiches are also very good, and they have nice dinners and always look forward to their soup

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our family knows that there are slim pickin's for good pizza in the Northwest Corner. Hometown Pizza III suffices when we don't want to make the hour ride to New Haven!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

At every pizza place I try, it's just not as good as the Buffalo Chicken pizza at Hometown Pizza III, I've also enjoyed other pizzas there as well and they have a nice not too thin, not too thick crust. They also offer Sicilian style fat crust pizza if you so desire!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Overall: some of the best pizza outside of New Haven (and I'm from New Haven!). This is a neighborhood place--nothing fancy, not for romantic evenings but rather a place to come for lunch or to bring the kids. Our service was very friendly, attentive (it wasn't busy however), and helpful. The prices are very reasonable. We ordered the Fried Calamari as an appetizer and it was one of the best that I've had in CT. The batter was flavorful and adhered nicely. And if you like the tentacled pieces, then you're all set. It was a bit on the chewy side (even for calamari) but the sauce made up for it. Now on to the pizza--Outstanding! We ordered a large (16"/12 slices) that was half "Italiano" (roasted peppers, sausage, pepperoni, basil, mozz) and half "Margherita" (mozz, tomato, basil, cheese, garlic). There is nothing else to say but that both sides were excellent. On my way out, I told the host that I was from New Haven and she started saying that their pizza was probably nothing compared to the famous Sally's and Pepe's. I told her not to sell this place short--and with good reason!