“Lovely stay, lovely company”
Review of Spencer On Main

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Suffield
Spencer On Main
Ranked #1 of 3 Suffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Etienne and Carolyn are excellent hosts: the room and house were lovely, the food was excellent, and I really enjoyed our chats by the fireplace on a cold, winter day! I would recommend this for friends and hope to return someday to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Spencer On Main

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed here with my mother while she was visiting New England and it just made her whole experience of the CT area better. Etienne was the perfect host and a great chef. He was attentive without being smothering, polite without being distant, and utterly charming. The house is clean with spacious rooms and maintains many of the original features that give this B&B a leg up on any conventional hotel.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just got back from a one night stay at the beautiful Spencer On Main B&B in Suffield, CT. We've stayed at many B&B's and this one ranks up there with the best. It's beautifully furnished and is bursting with charm. Caroline is a delight and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was superb as well. Highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gburytrvlr
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We are Belgian and were at Spencer on Main for 3 wonderful days with friends.
Everything was really nice!
Merci beaucoup!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Spencer on Main is in a beautiful historic home that has been in the proprietor's family for generations. It is attractively decorated and charmingly furnished with meaningful family mementos, and if you love books you are in for a special treat, as the bookshelves throughout are well stocked with books on every imaginable subject. Your hosts -- Caroline and Etienne -- are gracious, fascinating people with a broad range of interests and deep roots in the community. My suite was huge, with a comfortable bed, spacious private bathroom, and well appointed sitting room furnished with a sofa, tv, desk and ... more wonderful books! Breakfast served in the dining room was elegant and delicious -- a choice of Eggs Benedict or mushroom crepes. And despite being in a quiet residential neighborhood, it was also conveniently close to Bradley Airport. Overall, it was a home away from home, and I look forward to future visits.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GoodTravelers
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Spencer on Main is a lovingly restored Victorian home filled with antiques but nevertheless very warm and welcoming.

We stayed for 8 Nights in Aunt Clara’s room which was on the ground floor. The room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and the en suite bathroom had a huge tub.

The delicious breakfasts were served in the dining room with orange juice, fresh fruit, croissants, French toast, super coffee and great conversation.

Etienne and Caroline made us feel like family friends and I am sure that every other guest feels the same.

We were invited to help ourselves to beer or wine from the fridge and Belgian chocolates were left on our pillows.

Etienne gave us great information about local restaurants and all the local attractions.

We cannot recommend Spencer on Main highly enough.

Room Tip: Aunt Clara's room has twin beds
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camuscat
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I lived in Suffield as a teenager and was returning for a special 50th High School Reunion. I wanted to stay in a special place so it would be more memorable. This was certainly the place. I was excited to go there, after I made my reservation. Etienne made me feel comfortable and welcome. He and his wife were gracious. The home is beautifully decorated. I had a suite with a large bedroom, sitting room, and my own bathroom. I felt like a Queen. It was called the Bird in The Nest. Caroline and Etienne made a special breakfast. Fabulous. I only wished I could have stayed more than two evenings.
I cannot say enough and will return soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bird in the Nest. It had a King sized four poster bed, separate parlor and sitting...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks

Been to Spencer On Main? Share your experiences!