Spencer On Main
$54
$89
All reviewscomfortable bedscarolinebedroomacademychoir
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Spencer on Main is a lovingly restored Victorian home filled with antiques but nevertheless very warm and welcoming.

We stayed for 8 Nights in Aunt Clara’s room which was on the ground floor. The room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and the en suite bathroom had a huge tub.

The delicious breakfasts were served in the dining room with orange juice, fresh fruit, croissants, French toast, super coffee and great conversation.

Etienne and Caroline made us feel like family friends and I am sure that every other guest feels the same.

We were invited to help ourselves to beer or wine from the fridge and Belgian chocolates were left on our pillows.

Etienne gave us great information about local restaurants and all the local attractions.

We cannot recommend Spencer on Main highly enough.

Room Tip: Aunt Clara's room has twin beds
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camuscat
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I lived in Suffield as a teenager and was returning for a special 50th High School Reunion. I wanted to stay in a special place so it would be more memorable. This was certainly the place. I was excited to go there, after I made my reservation. Etienne made me feel comfortable and welcome. He and his wife were gracious. The home is beautifully decorated. I had a suite with a large bedroom, sitting room, and my own bathroom. I felt like a Queen. It was called the Bird in The Nest. Caroline and Etienne made a special breakfast. Fabulous. I only wished I could have stayed more than two evenings.
I cannot say enough and will return soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bird in the Nest. It had a King sized four poster bed, separate parlor and sitting area - tv, dvd, sound system, private bathroom, large new walk in shower, bathrobes, hairdryer. and Belgian Chocolate on my pillow. I took pictures but the pictures on their web are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stay regularly at Spencer On Main, as we have a child at school in Suffield, and we now consider it our home from home and would not stay anywhere else, although other hotels are easily available. The house is a glorious and historically important building set in acres of beautiful grounds. The hosts are American and Belgian with French ancestry, and could not be more welcoming. The double rooms are perfect, with sitting rooms attached, so you can be quiet and private if you wish. The house is full of beautiful antiques. The breakfasts are a special treat!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HelenPorter
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Easy to find. Very welcoming hosts. Wonderful food and conversation with other guests. Our suite was quite comfortable and the house was quiet and relaxing. Superb accomodations!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Accommodation was immaculate and very well decorated. The breakfast was excellent. The Host and Hostess were very attentive. Great experience.

Room Tip: One bedroom down stairs - other rooms upstairs
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family