“This is a wonderful place to eat!”
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Suffield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions, and have never been disappointed. A wide range of choices is available on the menu, including original appetizers, as well the option to select smaller half size entrees, for a lighter meal. The service has always been excellent and the owner has always been pleasant and very professional, in contrast to the opinions of some of the other reviewers on this site. If I have visitors in from out of town, this is my first choice of a dinner venue in the area; mildly elegant but comfortable and relaxed.

Reviewed October 21, 2009

Heard a lot of good things about Tosca so we went there for a friends birthday. Extremely disappointed. We all had Caesar salads - they were like plates of romaine with 4 croutons - absolutely no dressing or cheese on them. Strike 1. I can deal with that. We ordered. An hour and 10 minutes later our meals arrived. Strike 2. The dining room was half empty and the other half was already eating so the excuse of "they're backed up in the kitchen" was baloney. The waitress - who was very attentive and nice - kept offering us free drinks but one glass of wine is my limit so that didn't work for me. My swordfish was excellent however the oven baked potato wedges that came with it were like bricks - cold and hard. I value my teeth so I didn't eat them. Strike 3.

1  Thank HikerShell
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We have been to Tosca many times, enjoying the quiet romantic ambiance, and the relaxed pace. Food is absolutely wonderful. Our suggestions would be to offer some dinner specials as menu is a bit limited, and we would be happy to see a more cheerful manager/server. We wouldn't expect to be entertained, but a smile and some enthusiasm would be a much better approach.

Reviewed June 12, 2009

We have been there many times. Manager always abrupt. She got mad when we asked for our food after waiting for 1.5 hours since we ordered. She questioned our timeline, and was angry with us for asking for our meals. The server was kind, and I felt badly for her, so we left her a good tip. Manager though, was rude, aggressive, and thoughtless. We spent about $500 that night there.

3  Thank taylorstar
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Incredibly overpriced, and poor service. We found an insect in one of our meals. When we told the manager she seemed as if our presents was bothersome. She took the plate back without an apology of anything. After some complaining she offered to take the meal off of our bill. This was my first time at the restaurant and I'll never be back. It would have been quite embarrassing if i brought a client for dinner.