“Lose the attitude”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Suffield, Connecticut
“Lose the attitude”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I went to Tosca on two different Saturdays' over the last 45 days. Both times we arrived at 5:00 PM only to be told that we could only sit at the bar unless we had reservations. Please keep i mind, there were exactly ZERO patrons inside and I cannot imagine that any good restaurant would have found a way to get us in and out before all the reservations showed up. Just to cap it off the gal that does the seating hasn't a clue about how to treat customers. If they do not want my business, I'll take it elsewhere!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MWBOHICA

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoyed a great dinner last evening. Started off with the anti-pasta, which was a great way to start off our dinner. I then ordered the filet, which was cooked to perfection. My dining companion ordered the lamb chops, which were some of the best that he has ever enjoyed. The service was top notch, and the ambience was relaxed and subdued. For a special evening out, you won't go wrong at Tosca.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kevin L
Agawam, Massachusetts
“A great chef is back !! Yum !”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband & I have enjoyed Chef Kevin Cousins deliciously prepared food in several restaurants. We couldn't find him for a year or so & are thrilled to have located him just down the street. His presentations are as creative as ever. And certainly as scrumptious, too. From the complementary amuse, the focaccia, my favorite salad of Kevin's, blue cheese filled poached pear that was the start of a wonderful dining experience. Our friends from NYC shared a duck confit app & raved. Main dishes were excellent. I had the free range 1/2 chicken w/mashed potatoes, carrots & Brussel sprouts. Moist and sizable. The guys had shrimp scampi and pasta w/chicken, roasted peppers, etc. both were yummy. We're all ice cream lovers so we shared the tiny cones. The eggnog flavor was creamy & just like the liquid version. The vanilla also got a thumbs up. By the way, Chef Kevin makes the ice cream & the flavors vary w/ the season. Trust me, you'll need to save a tiny bit of room for the worthwhile treat !
The wine list has something for everyone. Bottles & by the glass. Our server knows the menu and was courteous w/o being intrusive.
We'll be back for certain !!
Don't miss the lovely spot in the center of Suffield.

1 Thank Linda K
“nice to get away from Chain restaurant.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tosca's is a nice restaurant and it is great for getting away from your typical chain restaurant. The food is pretty good but don't bring kids because it offers NOTHING for them and they won't scale down the portions for them. My husband and I wanted to treat the kids to a very nice evening and this was not the place to do that. I had a girl's night out there on the patio for drinks and then we moved inside for dinner. We had a nice time/

Visited August 2012
South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has high end prices and low end food. My tomato soup appetizer was served in an impressive tureen. What soup was present was down and around a nook and cranny and my soup spoon would not fit all the way in there. So I poured soup into my spoon. It was somewhat tasty, but two and one half spoons was a tease. My wife ordered a wedge salad. It was a few leaves of lettuce with little accompaniment and the bleu cheese dressing was not very good. The entrees were unimpressive. At the end, I took a chance and ordered an espresso. There was barely enough to wet the bottom of the cup, i.e. one sip. When the tab arrived, I wished we had been unafraid to just leave before ordering. I have no interest in returning to Tosca.

• Visited July 2012