“nice to get away from Chain restaurant.”
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Suffield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“nice to get away from Chain restaurant.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Tosca's is a nice restaurant and it is great for getting away from your typical chain restaurant. The food is pretty good but don't bring kids because it offers NOTHING for them and they won't scale down the portions for them. My husband and I wanted to treat the kids to a very nice evening and this was not the place to do that. I had a girl's night out there on the patio for drinks and then we moved inside for dinner. We had a nice time/

Visited August 2012

South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has high end prices and low end food. My tomato soup appetizer was served in an impressive tureen. What soup was present was down and around a nook and cranny and my soup spoon would not fit all the way in there. So I poured soup into my spoon. It was somewhat tasty, but two and one half spoons was a tease. My wife ordered a wedge salad. It was a few leaves of lettuce with little accompaniment and the bleu cheese dressing was not very good. The entrees were unimpressive. At the end, I took a chance and ordered an espresso. There was barely enough to wet the bottom of the cup, i.e. one sip. When the tab arrived, I wished we had been unafraid to just leave before ordering. I have no interest in returning to Tosca.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank LikesFairness
Bangkok
“Much improved under new ownership and chef”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been visiting this restaurant for the past 3 years and whilst it was one of the better of the few 'proper' dining places in Suffield, it was pretty average. However, a new chef is now on the scene - and a part-owner I understand - and there is definitely a different vibe to the place now. The menu has been updated and changes made regularly, and the quality of food and presentation is now of a far higher standard. The place certainly seems busier now than it used to be. In the past one went because there was little else to choose from in the immediate vicinity, but now one goes because one wants to go. The wine list is not extensive but there are some interesting choices. One can order by the glass too.

In its new guise, well worth visiting.

• Visited September 2012
Suffield, Connecticut
“Tosca”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great place to eat in Suffield. The new chef has moved the menu along. Good wine selection. Next time we will eat outside on the raised patio.

Visited August 2012
London
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Pleasant atmosphere, great food, super location in the heart of historic Suffield

Visited April 2012