“Not worth it!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Suffield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has high end prices and low end food. My tomato soup appetizer was served in an impressive tureen. What soup was present was down and around a nook and cranny and my soup spoon would not fit all the way in there. So I poured soup into my spoon. It was somewhat tasty, but two and one half spoons was a tease. My wife ordered a wedge salad. It was a few leaves of lettuce with little accompaniment and the bleu cheese dressing was not very good. The entrees were unimpressive. At the end, I took a chance and ordered an espresso. There was barely enough to wet the bottom of the cup, i.e. one sip. When the tab arrived, I wished we had been unafraid to just leave before ordering. I have no interest in returning to Tosca.

2  Thank LikesFairness
There are newer reviews for Tosca Restaurant

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been visiting this restaurant for the past 3 years and whilst it was one of the better of the few 'proper' dining places in Suffield, it was pretty average. However, a new chef is now on the scene - and a part-owner I understand - and there is definitely a different vibe to the place now. The menu has been updated and changes made regularly, and the quality of food and presentation is now of a far higher standard. The place certainly seems busier now than it used to be. In the past one went because there was little else to choose from in the immediate vicinity, but now one goes because one wants to go. The wine list is not extensive but there are some interesting choices. One can order by the glass too.

In its new guise, well worth visiting.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great place to eat in Suffield. The new chef has moved the menu along. Good wine selection. Next time we will eat outside on the raised patio.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Pleasant atmosphere, great food, super location in the heart of historic Suffield

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The food was a big disappointment and the prices are too high!
We live locally and eat out often, so can compare Tosca to other local, similarly-priced restaurants, such as Max's and 350 Grill in Springfield. I highly recommend either of those two restaurants over Tosca. Others clearly agree with me as it is easy to walk-in on a Saturday night and get a table.

1  Thank BerkeleyEconomist