“Fantastic hidden gem in Stratford!”
Review of Biagio's Osteria

Biagio's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Biagio's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 148 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 110
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I happened upon this little place in Ryder's Landing when we were trying to sign some paperwork at a credit union, and got there after it closed. We thought "Oh well, lets go and have a drink at that little wine bar." That little wine bar quickly became a favorite! We had drinks and appetizers at the bar that first night, all of which were wonderful. The bar was cozy and we loved the decor. We liked it so much that we made reservations for our anniversary dinner the next night, and it didn't disappoint! I had the mushroom ravioli and my husband had a lobster pasta special, and said it was the best prepared lobster he had ever eaten (we had just vacationed in Maine where he had fabulous lobster night after night a month before, so that is saying something!). My entree was fantastic too. The only slight disappointment was the creme brulee - I had that for dessert and it was ok, but the creme was quite melted and should have been more cold and solid under the crispy crust, but the flavor was delicious so it was not a problem! Next time I'll just go for an appetizer instead of dessert (which is normally my preference anyway), or try the fruit tart which sounded amazing.

Definitely recommend this place, give it a try!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Since they are right around the corner, my wife and I have eaten at Biagio's a large number of times over the last couple of years - and have even reserved them for special events w/ friends. The atmosphere is nice, though small - so depending on what night you go, you may have quiet couples around you, or a large party just feet away. So not a place I would recommend if you are looking to make sure you have a romantic dinner.

The wait staff is very attentive and professional, though the main hostess can vary from super pleasant to caustic.

The food can be very very good and they have a good variety of things to choose from - though again, depending on when you go and how busy it is, the food quality can vary quite broadly for the same item. We've eaten there multiple times in a few weeks and ordered the same thing - and enjoyed it one time, and then the next time had to send it back because it was borderline raw, or horribly overcooked. It's happened enough to us, and the prices are high enough, that to be honest we are pretty much at the point we have started going to some of the many other local restaurants that are more consistent in terms of quality/atmosphere/delivery.

Biagio's makes my spouse and I think of the Forrest Gump's quote - they're like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. And considering the caliber of other restaurants in the area they are competing with - that's not good.

3  Thank Ted J
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A very pleasant dining experience. The owner has been very hospitable as all the rest of the staff.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great food, slow service, very small palce and pricey.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We love Biagio's and go there on every visit to Connecticut. The food is authentic southern Italy, with flavors from Tuscany; it is housemade, and delicious. Nancy and the staff give a warm welcome. Favorite: ravioli either with mushrooms or lobster.