“Bed bug city!! Steer clear they know they have them!!!!”

Stratford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Bridgeport
“Bed bug city!! Steer clear they know they have them!!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I spent 2 nights here the first night ok the 2nd night i was switched from 2nd to 3rd floor the next morning i was covered in bedbug bites and was told i can't have a refund because they didn't find any bugs in the room. You can't see bed bugs! they hide in mattresses and wallpaper. I'm suing this place!!! i went to the hospital and it was confirmed to be bed bug bites!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I stayed here one night when traveling to the area for business and was delighted by the friendliness of the staff. After checking out of the hotel, I realized that I had left my watch behind. They contacted me to tell me they found my watch and they shipped it to my home address. There are not many places that would do that for you.

The staff was very nice for the short time that I was there and the rooms and property were very clean and neat.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Liked — Staff and Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed October 8, 2008

This was the worst experience I have ever had!!! It took 3 rooms to finally get a room that the tv worked correctly. On the last of two nights the fire alarm went off twice and the whole building had to be evacuated. After the building was evacuated twice the alarm went off for short periods of time all thru the night.
When i finally was leaving in the morning to check out I noticed a lady that worked @ the hotel walking the orkin pest control personnel toward the elevator. I told them that room222 was infested with small roaches! While at checkout I asked to speak to the manager about the many problems and at least a refund for the night that the alarms went off all night! She told me that she can only give me a 10% off of 1 night. I did not sleep that night at all and had to fly to chicago to connect to my flight back home.................Long day for no sleep.
After I was back home in Florida I noticed what I thought was a small roach while unpacking my bag.
The next few nights I continued to get bit up at night time, so I contacted a pest control company and showed them the roach that I killed that came out of my bag and they told me it was a bed bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I right now as I write this review look as if I have the measles and am scratching myself bloody! These things bit me over 100 times! Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away from this ramada. I stayed here for a short business trip and very much regret it. This is the wost experience in hotels I or any of my clients have ever had!!!!!

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — Staying there
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank gjc12565
generalmanager00938, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2008
Unfortunately due to the increase in international travel many hotels are experiencing issues with bed bugs. We thoroughly inspected your room and did not find any bed bugs or other insects. Since you were traveling extensively i find it probable that you may have encountered insects at another property. We apologize for your interruption due to the fire alarm and wish we would have addressed and apologized at checkout. We do have the alarm system for your protection and due to a faulty smoke detector in the banquet area the alarm was being set off and it had to be replaced for your protection. Again we want to reassure you that the property has no insect or rodent problems and is compliant with all Ramada Brand Strandards.

Travelers are raving about these Stratford hotels

New York NY
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Value for Money. Smiling faces at the Front Desk. The Lady Manager was excellent. Breakfast was not upto the mark could improve a lot. Rooms under renovation . Restaurtant on premises very good.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
MA
Reviewed September 21, 2007

There was no spat at the front desk while checking in -contrary to some of my previous experiences.The rooms were fairly clean and well maintained.The hotel manager was courteous and at times enquired whether I needed something.The pool was very nice and the place was too good for one thing-Relax.At the end of the stay felt that the choice was not bad.Good Hotel.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
NY
Reviewed March 5, 2007

Stayed 2 nights this past weekend after paying in advance. Hotel is under construction, reataurant and lounge unavailable, parking lot strewn with construction debris and bottles , carpet and chair in room were grossly stained. Pool area was dirty, pool was full of water , no filters on and water had a layer of scum on it. Water was dripping from ceiling in lobby area. Our one request to the desk clerk for an extra pillow was met with the response, "We don't have extra anything." Absolutely the worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 23, 2006

I am a local resident, and decided to book a room here for an evening's romantic get-away. Unfortunately, I made my choice based on price; More $$$ = Better hotel. I was sadly mistaken. I stayed on a Saturday night in September 2006, and though I hadn't any of the problems posted by earlier reviewers, mine were just as enervating. I paid nearly $100 for a 4th floor King. The room was gloomy, stale, and almost moldy. The TV was pathetic; its tube had long past its prime, and the image was wavy, staticy, and its colors were washed-out. Mind you, the TV wasn't my main concern, but it kept me company while my girlfirend tried to take a comfortable bath. That didn't go well... First, she was suspect of the room's cleanliness, so before pulling her path, she placed a facial-towel in the tub so her butt didn't have to touch the porceilain, the water was luke-warm at best...just above body temperature. And as the tub filled, we both noticed that this white facial-towel had the darkened impring of a man's bare-foot. EEEEEECH! She took a chilly shower and felt less and less romantic as the night wore on. I was afraid I'd end up taking a cold one myself at some point later that evening! Since we lived nearby, she was leaning heavily towards our just leaving the place...and I didn't blame her...she felt super uncomfortable...forget this place improving your romantic prospects, it didn't even meet our basic comfort expectations. The staff was pleasant, no complaints there, and I suppose the bed was cleanish, but the management obviously don't care too much for their customers' comfort, just their wallets' contents. I ended up looking like a bad-provider in my girlfriend's eyes that evening. Thanks Ramada of Statford!

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Dealing with a disappointed girlfriend AND being out $100!
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the back-seat of your car!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KihOshk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
#3 of 5 in Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Stratford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!