“not the best”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“not the best”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I just stayed here over the weekend. So here is a quick recap. Don't expect flat screen tv's and a modern feel. If that is what you are used to pick a different hotel. This is a hotel that needs alot of updating from rooms to decor to grounds, parking lot. The staff at the front desk are very nice and professional. Some friends i were with didn't like their room and they had no problem getting a different one. Cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms was fair. I've seen better. The beds were great.. we both had a great nights sleep. The bar at the entrance of the hotel was nice. Everyone was friendly the drinks were good. The food was fair. I had the cheesesteak. Overall i had a good time but i wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Damon C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I would give it a 2 1/2. It is a dated property, in need of renovations. But the front desk, even at 11 pm spoke English. The sheets were clean, the bed comfortable. Housekeeping could clean the vertical surfaces a bit more often. Shower a little weak but ok. Excellent big rig parking. Did not experience the bar or restaurant. Considering the area, I would stay again if necessary. It beats the Mayflower up the road a little. The breakfast, btw is lame. Waffles or cereal. Apparently the immigrant help have their families come in to eat around 8. Others need a room key to get in.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Stratford hotels

Moriches, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Dated, people hitting their kids in the lobby bathroom, moldy, smells of cigarettes, bathroom looked like a crime scene, walls and shower curtain had god knows what on it and there was mold and just dirty.... carpets stained, windows dirty, had to turn the A/C on because the room was so stagnant. Lobby had stains on the tile, from people dropping juice or drinks the night before. Pay the extra 20 and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kerry p
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
The biggest problem with Trip Advisor is people that are always complaining about things that are not true, look for a lower rate than they already have been offered, do not receive it and then complain.

If all the things you say are true, we would not pass state inspection, which we always do. We do not have mold, our carpets are only three years old, the tile in our lobby shines on a daily basis and the bathrooms in the lobby are used by people such as yourself.
As to our shower curtains, they are changed every time a new guest is assigned a room!

Unfortunately, it was your group in the lobby running around with their children. We asked several times to please keep them by your side, and that was all we could do.

With 60 - 75 people staying here a night, most of our guests enjoy their stay. I am sorry you were not happy.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Well here we are at this place and what can I say ...Ugh comes to mind also moldy,cold,bad shape,machines don't work,no card keys,plumbing sucks I should say it don't so come on down and kiss your money good by and you health so have fun and stay away

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Good afternoon:
I am sorry you did not have a pleasant stay, but actually, in reading all your other reviews you posted at other hotels, I can see you probably just do not like staying at hotels at all.

Your stay I believe was what the hotel industry calls a short stay and being you only used the room for several hours, you felt we should have given you some money back. Being we do not promote short stays, I am sure you can understand that we do not offer special rates for this.

As to the room, we pass an extensive inspection by the state every year and we do not have mold. Our housekeepers take pride in their work and all rooms are inspected before a guest enters that room.
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here for 6 WEEKS while on business. Great location. The staff and management are fantastic, from the cleaners to the front desk - everyone was super friendly and really, really helpful. This hotel really did exceed my expectations.

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Third Floor Rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike_Banning
Thank you for your kind words. They truly are appreciated by the entire staff.
Everyone here works hard to keep the hotel clean along with our staff being gracious to all its guests. It's nice when a guest shares their comments with us.....
Passaic, New Jersey
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed there recently with my college team. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the staff. They were very respectful and accommodating; even made special arrangements for our need for a late checkout. Pasquale in the restaurant was terrific also...serving up two awesome team meals and some late night snacks. They are very customer friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean and it's in a great location, right off I-95. I would highly recommend this hotel for teams or just the single traveler. I will definitely return if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Coach,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as it is appreciated. Your team also was a pleasure to host and we look forward to having you again next year should you be scheduled to play in CT.
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was so impressed with the staff. They were amazing in taking care of my every need. Check in was a cinch, fast & easy. They gave me the wi-fi code without me having to ask. They also gave me a great deal for the night. My wake-up call was right on time & breakfast was free until 9am. The room was clean & cozy. Complete with soap/lotion & coffee. The entire hotel was quiet & pleasing to the eye. As I was leaving to check out, an associate in the hallway made a point to ask me how my stay was & was so polite in saying goodbye. If I ever need to stay for a night or a week, The Stratford Hotel & Conference Center will be my #1 choice. Thank you to the staff for making me feel welcome & right at home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley B
Well, thank you! Your review is appreciated more than you know as the staff does work hard to keep everything the way it should be for our guests.
I will share your comments with them and we too look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
#3 of 5 in Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Stratford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!