“Stayed Three days and three nights...”

Stratford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Stafford, va
“Stayed Three days and three nights...”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

During the Blizzard recently I traveled with a group of about 15 guys. We chose the Straford Inn due to the proximity to I-95. It was a good Choice. The personnel met us with a smile and did everything they could to make us comfortable. The lounge was a very nice amenity along with the breakfast that they kept open, a bit longer, cause we worked long hours and awoke a bit late.
So in short, we would definitely stay there again and as a matter of fact we have it as our Hotel of Choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank snowplowman2000
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Actually, thank you! You and your group were an amazing bunch of men! You came to our hotel to stay because you were lined up with work for the Fema and yet you all immediately started plowing us out. Not only did you work several hours on Sunday evening, but early Monday morning came and asked me for the blue prints so you could find the other drain in the back lot. because the snow was beginning to melt.
Your entire group of men were such gentlemen and a pleasure to have at our hotel. Should work bring you back to our area, I hope you choose to stay with us.

Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My mother and her aide stayed during the recent large 2013 snow storm. The staff were very attentive and friendly.The room was large and very cean. The heating was excellent. They were very happy with their stay and would definately come back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank charles o
It was nice seeing you, your mom and her aide once again. Unfortunately, each time we have you as our guests, we are having such terrible weather conditions. Once again I'm glad we had no loss of electric as so many other hotels in our area did. I would like to say we hope to see you again soon, but that would mean more terrible weather and I think we had enough for one year :).

Connecticut
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Amazing staff is what makes it great. I was stuck in the town due to the Blizzard of 2013 and this place was very nice to stay at
Friendly staff, clean room, has a restaurant and very affordable. Pool is under repairs, but gym is open, kind of small. But overall, i was happy with the stay

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank rydesa00
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
You put a smile on my face....thank you! The entire staff worked hard to do our best to make sure our guests were as comfortable as can be during this extremely trying time. I must say, except for a few bad apples, the guests were a team themselves!! We were lucky once again as we were one of the few hotels that didn't loose power during Sandy and we didn't loose it this time either.
I am especially glad we had the lounge and restaurant open to take care of all of you.
Again, thank you, because we did work hard and it means so much to be appreciated. I will share your comments with my staff.
New York
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and found my stay to be very pleasant. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I was fortunate enough to have a room on the newly remodeled 5th floor and the rooms were very nice. I was quite surprised to see the pictures in the previous review as I saw nothing like this during my stay. I assume that they were all taken in the pool area which is currently closed and undergoing a renovation. However, don't let these pictures affect your decision to stay here. My experience was nothing but positive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ogur728
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello..
Thank you for your kind words. Our housekeeping staff along with our front desk agents take great pride in their work.
I see by your review you have stayed in this area before on business. I hope we have now won you over whenever traveling into the Fairfield, CT area.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The pictures they show you are not what it looks like. It is a nasty and dirty place . Drug users everywhere. It is the local shelter. We were even on the fifth floor supposed to be remodeled crappy job . Also beware of elevators not safe at all.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Teresa105
Hello,
Your review is very unfair as the pictures you show are of the pool, not the rooms. Also, the pool has been closed because, as one can see with your pictures, it was damaged during Hurrican Sandy. You asked that we open it for your children....so to be kind, we did. I guess the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" is a very true one.
As to drug dealers, I have security walking this property and know that is not the case. One time, a couple of years ago, maybe, but not on my watch.
Our rooms do have all new bed linens and new carpeting. Our houskeeping staff takes great pride in making sure the rooms are clean and presentable.

Travelers are raving about these Stratford hotels

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A woman there, whom I presume to be a manager, gave me a TripAdvisor strip of paper so I could write a positive review. When I told her of two disappointments we had, she declared that my review would NOT be complimentary and TOOK BACK THE INVITATION strip! She would not give it back!

The point of her effort was to accumulate good reviews so they could start attracting people. Well, this is a typical cart-before-horse, I-wanna-succeed-fast method. I advised that the way it works is;
Step 1; fix up hotel rooms.
Step 2; "they will come", and be satisfied,
Step 3; satisfied people leave good reviews, more are attracted; success.

But I guess she feels she's on the "fast track to success" and can't be bothered with the banality of the "natural order of things".

My stay there was ok, except for the hit in the pocketbook. The place is inordinantly expensive for what it is. The room is not so bad but I gave it a poor rating due to the high cost. At that price, you don't get a kinda-dumpy, needing-repair room. Not even in CT.

On a positive note, my wife loved the lobby.
We have photos of all in case you want to see.

Room Tip: If you are rich, the price won't bother you but a rich person will find the room atrocious. If...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I do remember you, and want to say "thank you" for your kind words about the room and the hotel. I am sorry you felt the rate was too high, but I am very aware that all hotels in a 30 mile + radius during the storm were at least $80 - $120 more than we were. Actually, we were approached by guests thanking us for being understanding to their needs during this time of stress.
I am happy that your stay was comfortable, as this is what is most important to me and my staff.
Nashville, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Came from Indiana to provide relief work (due to damages/power outages) to UI. First time ever in the Northeast! Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and courteous -- went out of their way to accomodate us. Would definitely return (preferably under better circumstances). Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank L S
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"Thank you", not just for your kind words, but for being in our area to help all the families that needed you here. All of you got up between 5 & 5:30 every morning, ate breakfast and were on the road by 6:15 - 6:30 am every day and we didn't see your faces until 8:00 pm and sometimes after 9:00pm that night. As to my staff being curtious, yes we were, but you are the ones that put in the grueling hours and still remained curtious to us. This was appreciated more than you know because too many times people become nasty for no reason or little reason at all.
Should there be another storm of any sort and you are asked to return as first responders, it is I that hopes you and your crew get to stay at our hotel. Karen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
#3 of 5 in Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Stratford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!