“Value for money”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
New York NY
“Value for money”
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Value for Money. Smiling faces at the Front Desk. The Lady Manager was excellent. Breakfast was not upto the mark could improve a lot. Rooms under renovation . Restaurtant on premises very good.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
MA
Reviewed September 21, 2007

There was no spat at the front desk while checking in -contrary to some of my previous experiences.The rooms were fairly clean and well maintained.The hotel manager was courteous and at times enquired whether I needed something.The pool was very nice and the place was too good for one thing-Relax.At the end of the stay felt that the choice was not bad.Good Hotel.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
NY
Reviewed March 5, 2007

Stayed 2 nights this past weekend after paying in advance. Hotel is under construction, reataurant and lounge unavailable, parking lot strewn with construction debris and bottles , carpet and chair in room were grossly stained. Pool area was dirty, pool was full of water , no filters on and water had a layer of scum on it. Water was dripping from ceiling in lobby area. Our one request to the desk clerk for an extra pillow was met with the response, "We don't have extra anything." Absolutely the worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Stratford hotels

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 23, 2006

I am a local resident, and decided to book a room here for an evening's romantic get-away. Unfortunately, I made my choice based on price; More $$$ = Better hotel. I was sadly mistaken. I stayed on a Saturday night in September 2006, and though I hadn't any of the problems posted by earlier reviewers, mine were just as enervating. I paid nearly $100 for a 4th floor King. The room was gloomy, stale, and almost moldy. The TV was pathetic; its tube had long past its prime, and the image was wavy, staticy, and its colors were washed-out. Mind you, the TV wasn't my main concern, but it kept me company while my girlfirend tried to take a comfortable bath. That didn't go well... First, she was suspect of the room's cleanliness, so before pulling her path, she placed a facial-towel in the tub so her butt didn't have to touch the porceilain, the water was luke-warm at best...just above body temperature. And as the tub filled, we both noticed that this white facial-towel had the darkened impring of a man's bare-foot. EEEEEECH! She took a chilly shower and felt less and less romantic as the night wore on. I was afraid I'd end up taking a cold one myself at some point later that evening! Since we lived nearby, she was leaning heavily towards our just leaving the place...and I didn't blame her...she felt super uncomfortable...forget this place improving your romantic prospects, it didn't even meet our basic comfort expectations. The staff was pleasant, no complaints there, and I suppose the bed was cleanish, but the management obviously don't care too much for their customers' comfort, just their wallets' contents. I ended up looking like a bad-provider in my girlfriend's eyes that evening. Thanks Ramada of Statford!

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Dealing with a disappointed girlfriend AND being out $100!
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the back-seat of your car!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KihOshk
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 29, 2006

This was the worst hotel i've stayed in ever. Some of the workers were sympathic but seemed to have their hands tied. We had a block of rooms for a family reunion and we all called ahead to make sure everything was confirmed. We checked in and the front desk clerk mixed a lot of our relatives up, so the next night half of us were locked out because instead of a week she put one night. Then on the weekend night a large group of teenagers and adults checked in, they had a party that night drinking, smoking on nonsmoking floors, hookers and rough type guys. They even had big dogs riding the elevator and urinating in the halls. The party went for two nights, the first night they turned in early and the second night is when the police finally came and cleaned house. There are also vagrants begging for change in the parking lot. They never had enough towels and our maid and her family stayed on our floor along with her kids who were up and down the hall. The back security door that required your room key the party goers broke so that all their guest could get in easily. The clerk told us that the dogs paid a deposit despite the "no dogs allowed " sign and all the other problems were blamed on new managment. Then she had the nerve to say "I hope your next stay will be better"

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — make a better choice
  • Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Chynafoxe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2006

disorganized. parking lot is full with vagrants and beggars. there are trucks parked all over the place (car trailers, armored trucks). service at rest. is bad at its best. no water fountain in lobby.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 30, 2005

This hotel was excellent! Good service, friendly people, and it was very clean! The breakfast was also delighting. The bedroom looked very clean and comforatble. Hotel was furnished well. Very good overall. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
#3 of 5 in Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Stratford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!