“Highly recommend it”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Portage
“Highly recommend it”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Room was nice and clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly at the front desk. The free breakfast was the best of a month of travel for us. Location was great, too, because of it's close proximity to I-95.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ct082, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of The Comfort Suites of Stratford, CT. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Large room, but weird layout with sitting area set back from the rest of the room. Small flat screen with poor picture. Annoying wifi. Didn't eat breakfast because they don't want you to take it to your room. Just not as good as the usual fine quality Comfort Suites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank drdroad

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Another frequent stay for me during my business travels as it's right off of I-95. The hotel itself is near nothing, practically a residential neighborhood. 10 minutes either way on 95 gets you to anything you need, however. Rooms are what I expect from a Comfort Suites: clean and comfortable. Never had a bad experience here and it's always a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ct082, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014

Harry Patel
Comfort Suites Stratford
(203)375-9528
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and will continue to go back. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and this is probably the cleanest hotel in this class . The rooms are all up to date and the beds are extremely comfortable. House keeping are very frendley and willing to help you with anything you need . There was free wifi witch I love most hotels you go to you have pay extra for it and here i didnt have to it was apart of my stay i was impressed. Breakfast was lovely it has a mixture of hot and cold breakfast ceral , bagles , coffee, juice, eggs, bacon but i loved the waffles they had orginal and blueberry my favorite the breakfast attendent was very nice and friendly was willing to help me with anything is was great . The pool area was very nice and clean I loved it . My over all stay was great when I am back in the Bidgeport / Stratford ill definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Oklahoma
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were road tripping and randomly chose this because my friend is a Choice Member. It looked new and did have a pretty lobby when you walk in. My friend checked us in so I didn't deal with the front desk. But from the lobby on - it was a let down. It needs serious updating and cleaning. There are holes in the walls and stains on the rugs in the hallways and the room. The room was quite small. The bathroom had needed repairs that just made you feel like it was dirty/unkept. I will vouch that the water pressure was great. But then when I went to bed it was disappointing again. The walls were paper thin!! I could hear the TV in the next room as plain as day while trying to go to sleep. And then voices on the other side the next morning. The breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights to attend a function in Stamford Ct to avoid the City Traffic, We arrived @ 2:00pm after driving 6 HRS and had to wait in the Lobby till 3:00pm or later to check in. Front desk was rude and had no customer service skills. Hotel Housekeepers smoking in the front of hotel as you enter. We were finally given a room that was rushed through by housekeeping, Dust everywhere, carpet not vacumed, previous guests must of cut there toenails and left them on floor(GROSS), All Mirrors looked like they used the toilet rag, and why is the coffee maker in the bathroom??? Covered in flim and dust looked like it hasn't been cleaned in a long time.(WOW) of all places the Bathroom. We also agree with the ZION33 breakfast staff were rude and unaccommodating. Make sure you get a bite by 9am or your out of breakfast they start cleaning it early. The only thing nice about this hotel is the LOBBY.

Room Tip: Request first floor away from Highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here as part of a large group. The hotel staff was expecting us and should have been adequately prepared. The first day of our stay, we were using the pool, and asked the front desk for more towels, we were told that there weren't any clean towels. Only after suggesting that they give room towels, did more towels materialize. But never were there multiple towels put out for use. In fact, 2 days into the stay, my daughter & her friends were swimming, and needed towels. The person at the front desk made them pick up the used towels in the pool area before they could get clean ones. Disgusting! When I asked for another towel for my room, the housekeeping staff had to check my room number against her information before giving me another towel. The breakfast room was strictly off limits for guest use (unless you paid $150) if you wanted to socialize after breakfast hours. The reason given for this was that the cleaning lady would have to clean the room before breakfast was served. We were told the only place to congregate was in the parking lot! Every reason was followed by, "that is what management tells us." Any business that deals with the customer should strive to make the customer happy. After all, the customer is paying for these services. The customer is NOT this hotel's #1 priority.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mv1211
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#3 of 5 in Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
SpringHill Suites Milford

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!