“Second stay at Comfort Suites, Stratford”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After a previous stay I decided to stay there again while traveling in the Ct/NY area. Still an excellent choice.

Had troubles with the card reader/ door lock. The young lady at the front desk was a great help. When the issue persisted she moved me to another room. Stuff breaks and things happen, how the staff deals with these issues is what separates the good from the so so.

The room was quite clean and the bedding was good.

I would use this location again. It was a real reasonable price too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I'm not sure when this hotel was built, but it looked fairly new. The lobby was of very modern decor and high end looking. The staff was courteous. The room was really spacious. We had a sofa and coffee table as well as 2 beds double beds and there was plenty of space to move around. The room was clean and the furnishings/rug looked updated. The bathroom was spacious too and "felt" clean. A continental breakfast with waffles was included. I was impressed with the quality of this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and will continue to go back. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and this is probably the cleanest hotel in it's class I've ever stayed in. The rooms are all up to date and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast has a great selection of items and the wifi is strong. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. I especially like the funky decor in the lobby.
The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 is because of the location. While it's extremely convenient off of I-95 there are no restaurants close by. Not really their fault.
I'm very much looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brent L
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was driving on 95 and saw their billbord and took their exit. When I got to the hotel I was impressed. The staff was very hospitable and the room was both clean and spacious. Finding a nice place to grab a quick bite was easy with all the great places near the hotel and with the suggestions of the staff. Try Knapp's Landing for fresh seafood. The breakfast in the morning was nice as well. It was included in the price which is hard to come by today. The wifi was fast and easy to log on to as well. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I'll be coming back here if I'm stopping in Connecticut again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Suites because I had a interview close to the hotel. I never write reviews but I had to write one for this hotel because I was so impressed by the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and nice and I enjoyed my stay because of this. He even offered to drive a few of us that were interviewing to the train station in the hotel shuttle. The rooms were standard and nothing to complain about. I recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

#rd time for my wife and me staying at the Stratford Comfort while visiting Sacred Heart University in Fairfield. The reason we stay here? Price, easy on and off I95, it's clean, rooms are nice size and layout, beds are comfortable, shower head is high (I'm 6'2") plenty of hot water, and most of all... the staff is super friendly and helpful.

Yeah, if you stay on the highway side you're gonna hear cars... ask for a parking lot side room. Breakfast is OK... the "Bold" coffee dispenser is the way to go. Lots of people were going for seconds on the make 'em yourself waffles. Eggs were eggbeater type, sausages were large patties and were actually pretty good. Afterall, it's a free breakfast.

We struck up conversation with one of the ladies at the front desk who hailed from the Bronx and being a fan of Arthur Avenue I mentioned it to her and she directed us to make a left out of the parking lot, go until the road ends (~3/4 mi), turn left, go to the first light (~.25 mi) and Gaetanos of Arthur Ave, Bronx is on the right by the light. Awesome italian delicasies, bread, sandwiches, cheeses, etc. Go there for lunch!

We will be returning to the Stratford Comfort Suites whenever we visit our daughter at SHU.

Room Tip: For a quiter room, ask for a parking side room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We recently stayed here while attending a hockey tournament in Bridgeport. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. TV reception left a lot to be desired as did the computer connection. The room was large, clean and comfortable, with the exception of the limited hot water in the shower. The breakfast on Saturday 3/24 was poor to nonexistent, the attendant was not in attendance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
SpringHill Suites Milford

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!