“Hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Pleasant Hill, California
“Hospitality”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Suites because I had a interview close to the hotel. I never write reviews but I had to write one for this hotel because I was so impressed by the friendliness and hospitality of the staff. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and nice and I enjoyed my stay because of this. He even offered to drive a few of us that were interviewing to the train station in the hotel shuttle. The rooms were standard and nothing to complain about. I recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed May 14, 2012

#rd time for my wife and me staying at the Stratford Comfort while visiting Sacred Heart University in Fairfield. The reason we stay here? Price, easy on and off I95, it's clean, rooms are nice size and layout, beds are comfortable, shower head is high (I'm 6'2") plenty of hot water, and most of all... the staff is super friendly and helpful.

Yeah, if you stay on the highway side you're gonna hear cars... ask for a parking lot side room. Breakfast is OK... the "Bold" coffee dispenser is the way to go. Lots of people were going for seconds on the make 'em yourself waffles. Eggs were eggbeater type, sausages were large patties and were actually pretty good. Afterall, it's a free breakfast.

We struck up conversation with one of the ladies at the front desk who hailed from the Bronx and being a fan of Arthur Avenue I mentioned it to her and she directed us to make a left out of the parking lot, go until the road ends (~3/4 mi), turn left, go to the first light (~.25 mi) and Gaetanos of Arthur Ave, Bronx is on the right by the light. Awesome italian delicasies, bread, sandwiches, cheeses, etc. Go there for lunch!

We will be returning to the Stratford Comfort Suites whenever we visit our daughter at SHU.

Room Tip: For a quiter room, ask for a parking side room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hampden, Maine
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We recently stayed here while attending a hockey tournament in Bridgeport. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. TV reception left a lot to be desired as did the computer connection. The room was large, clean and comfortable, with the exception of the limited hot water in the shower. The breakfast on Saturday 3/24 was poor to nonexistent, the attendant was not in attendance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Convenient hotel location off the freeway exit; residential area. Reasonable rates for northeastern quadrant. Clean but not spotless. No flatscreen TV. Computer in lobby is slow. Creaky hallway floors & squeaky flooring in some parts of our room as well. Big red stain (approx 10" diameter) in room carpet, like grape juice or wine spill. Time for carpet shampooing. Pleasant & bright lobby decor. Basic breakfast with waffles. I've been to a few Comfort Suites and they feel like higher end hotels, but I have mixed feelings about this one. It's not that bad and it's not that great either... overall, just O.K....

Room Tip: Ask for room far away from squeaky floors.
N Dartmouth MA
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We booked this hotel for our stay before and after our visit to NYC. The lobby was really nice and the front desk staff seemed friendly. We were given a room on the third floor in the back of the hotel as requested. The hotel was really quiet, people wise. There weren't many staying there. Our room was a little worn and it wasn't as clean as I hoped it would be. The beds were really comfortable. The tv was the worst. It was something out of the 80's with horrible color. In this day and age with flat screens being so cheap it's unbelievable to have a tv like we did. Not that we were there watching it much. My sister was in a room next door and her tv was the same. When they say this hotel is close to the highway, they really mean it. Good thing we had a room in the back. We didn't hear any traffic noise. What both my husband and I heard was a weird vibration noise all night. We think it was coming for the heating units in the other rooms. Really annoying.
Breakfast was okay. Waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt. They did have eggs and sausage one morning, ham the next.
All in all it was an okay hotel for the price we paid. Would I stay here again? Probably, if I could get it at the right price. It wasn't terrible, they just need to do some updating.

Room Tip: Ask foir a room in the back.
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our usual hotel for our annual trips to NYC was running about $50 more per night so we decided to give this hotel a try. The rate was great at $81.00 a night plus tax. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The good: Rooms were pretty spacious and the bed really comfortable even though I hate full size beds. The staff was great for special requests. The hotel was really convenient to the Metro North train. The water pressure in the shower was great. The negatives: Our room was clean but not spotlessly clean. There were stains on the walls in the bathroom and cracked wall paper. The carpets were pretty stained. There is no fan in the bathroom. The heating unit woke me all night cycling on and off. When our unit was off, you could hear other units running. The heat is forced air and it is a stuffy heat. The hotel felt incredibly hot all the time. My husband checked the hall temp and it was set at 75. We requested a room on the back side of the hotel. We could faintly hear the highway. I would never recommend a room on the highway side. It is so close. The TV needs a serious upgrade. The breakfast was okay but nothing great at all, average. Overall, this is a good value for the money and I would stay here again. It wasn't awful by any means. It just needs some updating.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the highway side of the hotel.
1 Thank Msia52
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed one night at this nice and reasonably priced hotel because I was in Stratford/Bridgeport for an interview. From the very start, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Probably one of the nicest I have come across recently (and I have been traveling up and down the east coast and midwest). The room I got was exactly what I was expecting - a large, clean, and comfortable room. No problems whatsoever overnight or the following morning. Free meal the next morning with your usual continental breakfast type foods. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay at again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Red Roof Inn Milford
#6 of 13 in Milford
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!