“Wonderful Surprise, best value ever” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Massachusetts
“Wonderful Surprise, best value ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

First, I want to commend the customer service, in particular Tiffany who both booked my reservation and attended to my needs during my stay. She was superb. She not only patiently answered all my questions throughout my repeated calls to this location while I was considering whether to stay there but also took the iniative to book my reservation at the best rate possible for my circumstances and going the extra mile to secure me a room that met my requirements. When I arrived, everything was just as I had requested: a super clean room, in a quiet section with all the amenities I needed for my Business travel.. Aside from this, the room was well appointed with a very comfortable and clean bed and fluffy pillows & really NICE esthetics. Of note: the clean, roomy & crisp bathroom with a full pressure shower head. I also enjoyed the clean and comfortable gym and pool area and the included breakfast which was above average with a varied selection of foods of better quality than I expected I was very surprised by the extent of comfort, esthetics and quality I found here for a " 2 star " hotel because it nearly matched higher end hotel chains. Minuses? : the exterior carpet on my floor was due a good cleaning, the structure is next to the Interstate & not completely sound proof as was noted by a prior reviewer. Though I got a room facing the other side of the highway I could still hear , though muted, some of the highway buzz. My room was in the far corner partly facing the highway and the parking lot so maybe another more centralized room would have blocked this out, I don't know.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seregno, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a clean comfortable hotel close to the interstate. It is really useful and well positioned but for transit. It is not for sure an hotel to spend holidays. People are friendly, the room was big, the bed comfortable. Free wi-fi, coffee machine, everithing is set up to spend a relaxing short stay. Not expensive at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Owings, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were traveling late in the evening, with no prior reservations. We arrived at the Comfort Suites after nine o'clock extremely tired. The young woman at the front desk was so kind. Even the Manager, who was working in the adjacent office stopped to see if we needed anything. They gave us a very reasonable rate for the night. Most importantly, the room was very nice, comfortable, and immaculate. The continental breakfast the following morning was also very nice. The entire staff at this hotel really seemed to care about their business.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

What a find! Love the decor in the lobby! (Rooms were really attractive, too) Front desk clerk was friendly & efficient. Our room was really large and very clean. Love having the couch, microwave & fridge included. Noticed that the windows were doubled to insulate outside noise and it worked because we heard nothing! The a/c was working REALLY well, which was great because it was hot & humid outside. I also noticed that if need be, the windows actually opened for fresh air-always a plus in my book. Bed was comfy-plenty of pillows. Bathroom-super clean & good water pressure/temperature. Can't recommend this hotel enough, esp. for the price we paid in this area of CT. One small issue: there was only 1 elevator working and it was pretty warm inside of it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at Comfort Suites for a music festival in Bridgeport. The staff were very nice and accomodating. The room was very large; it was nice having a sofa and coffee table to relax and watch tv instead of lying on our bed. The hotel was very quiet which was great. I wish there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom. Seems like all nonsmoking properties have removed the exhaust fan from the bathroom which is annoying. Of course the price was jacked up for the festival and a 3 night minimum stay was required, which we were doing anyway so that wasn't a big deal. The bed was super-comfortable, we slept great! We were up very late each night so missed out on the breakfast (hours need to be extended until later in the morning in my opinion) and didn't hit the pool (record breaking temps, so a heated pool wasn't very appealing!) The micowave and fridge came in handy. Free parking was a plus!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Our first time attending The Gathering of the Vibes festival in Bridgeport, Ct. We were late in booking a room and when I called the Comfort Suites, Karen, the hotel representative worked her magic and got us a room. She was very helpful as well regarding info on the festival itself. The room's air conditioning was nice and cool considering the weather was a blasted 103 degrees. Staff was accommodating and the breakfast was more than we expected, lots more. If we go to next years festival, Comfort Suites in Stratford is where
we 'll stay !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Greenfield, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. Room was clean, beds comfortable and friendly staff. The only complaint I had was being so close to interstate. Luckily I had brought along a fan as we sleep with one every night so this blocked out the noise of the cars and trucks passing by. I also did not notice it if tv was on. I could still here it but just slightly with the fan going. I would recommend asking for a room on the front side of the hotel away from the interstate, it would probably be more quiet. If we had not had this fan I don't think I would have been able to sleep. Our window was probably only about 200 feet from the road. I would stay here again but ask for a room toward the front instead of one by the road. It is very convenient if you are visiting the NYC area since it is so close to interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for side not by the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Hotel
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!