“Great place!”

Rodeway Inn Stratford
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friendly and attentive staff. Clean rooms and great location. Love having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. One of the most beautiful sunsets we've ever seen. Kids loved the beach and riding their scooters around the sea wall area. Hotel and restaurant are completely kid friendly!! Back for the second time this summer and ready to book our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Beachfamilybum

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The only good thing about this MOTEL is there was a decent oceanfront on the premises fridge,internet,microwave,AC,and cable T.V.I am not picky and I understand this is not a fancy 3, 4, or 5 star hotel, but cleanliness and upkeep makes a huge difference to me. I can handle the motel being outdated but the walls n the hallways were filthy and they stayed that way for the wk.The restaurant bench dividers and faux plants were covered in dust and a few dead flies. The sheets were full of hair and the bed was sunk in, but it still slept okay. Unfortunately I had to stay there for a week due to my cheap employers, so I dealt with it and tried to make the best of it.They have a basic continental brfst. which is served by rude waitresses.The evening waitresses are very friendly and the food is decent.The toilet had to be held for a while to flush .

Room Tip: "Bring you own sheets, and avoid the room by the ice machine".
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Truthfullyours
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights here for trip to NYC. Price was reason to book, a little out of way but satisfied with what we got. Front desk staff more than helpful, rooms were quite dated but we only needed a place to sleep. Staff in restaurant could be more amiable when having continental breakfast.

2  Thank MFSNBCanada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We did not complain about the blood and urine stained, hairy sheets, the balcony door that did not have a working lock and the windows that were so filthy we asked the front desk for Windex so we could clean them ourselves, the toilet that did not flush half of the time, the giant dead fish on the beach that was left there to rot and collect flies which also took up residence in our room, or the generator and bright orange light directly outside the balcony which took away any ambiance the room could have had. We didn't even complain about the hair in the soup we had downstairs. We even paid an extra $113 just to stay in the room until 6pm the day we were supposed to check out. I will, however, complain now, since I got a call a full 26 hours after we checked out from some bully who accused me of putting a hole in the wall. When I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, he began yelling at me and telling me he was charging my credit card an additional $250 for the "damage" and would call the authorities if I refused to pay. Needless to say I will dispute the charges on my credit card and will not stay here again. I am completely disgusted.

Room Tip: Choose a good room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A C
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We spent a wonderful few days at this hidden gem !! We found it by chance on the web, and we are very pleased with what we found ! Great area, and a cute little beach in front ! Quiet and safe ! We did read some of the earlier reviews and decided to take a chance . The staff welcoming and the outside dining was amazing ! The decor a little dated, but clean and comfy. The restaurant has a full menu and a cute little ice cream bar . I am happy that my husband and I did pass over some of the reviews and found out for ourselves.. Could not have had a better vacation for the price.

Room Tip: Water front !
3  Thank happytrails612
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Granted, I paid AAA price and got a free upgrade to Oceanview with a balcony. But I was very pleased with our room, as it was large, clean, and had a frig. The bathroom was also newly remodeled. Service was slow, but polite, so OK overall.

Room Tip: Pay extra to get the oceanview - that's what you're here for!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JanetE105
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Sadly I must agree with the last few reviews I have read! SAD THIS GENERATION CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE PAST GENERATIONS FAMILY VALUES! This weekend is not going as planned... And so sad to say its not a location issue, locals here are great! And the long island sound its truly breathtaking! Unfortunately the hotel its what really killed this experience! The RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE no wait the [--] customer service! Don't drop too many crumbs on the floor because housekeeping which its covered on the room fee, finds it to be too exhausting to have to vacuum everyday! Not kidding! They'll even threaten to charge your card for an additional $200.00 carpet shampooing cleaning fee! Which by the way these "land owner" who wouldn't give out his name told us! Carpets are past shampooing more like at least over 15 years past due to replacement! Im not one to be bother by the "little" things but really this place has mold, rusty bathrooms, 60's bathrooms!!! Old beds that sit on metal frames haven't seen those in ages!!!! The box springs are covered w/plastic linens makes me wonder if bed bugs have been an issue! Wouldn't surprise me! Please think twice, three maybe even four times before your stay here! AND WE DON'T MEAN STRATFORD CT WE MEAN MARNICK'S RODEWAY INN & RESTARANT!

3  Thank CARMEN R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
Red Roof Inn Milford
Red Roof Inn Milford
#7 of 13 in Milford
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn Stratford? Share your experiences!