Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$69
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
$112
$103
$80
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven(Milford)(Great Value!)
$67
$81
$69
$118
  • Pool
$110
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome away from homehomewood suites by hiltonbedroom suitemerritt parkwaycomplimentary breakfastfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerfitness centeran extended stayliving areathe entire staffstaying at this hoteli highly recommend this hotelindoor poolwafflesbusiness tripgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2010

The Homewood in Stratford, is both a gem and a delight, and make business travel in the Shelton/Stratford area a dream. The staff are superbly competent, and are warm, friendly and kind. No matter their job function. If you are fortunate to make a repeat visit they will remember your name, your preferences, and welcome you as if you were coming to visit a family member .
The facilities are pristine, rooms very well maintained, and all keep that way. The grounds provide a nice respite when entering the property, and the morning and evening food selections have been thought out, well prepared and nicely presented.
The Homewood outshines all other properties in the local area, and will make your visit a truly pleasurable experience. 5 Stars - All The Way!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My daughter, son-in-law, 9 year old granddaughters and I recently stayed at Homewood Suites in Stratford, CT. Currently owning an inn of my own on Cape Cod, I am extremely critical when staying at other hotels. Homewood Suites was wonderful! Our room was spacious, extremely clean and very well-stocked with a fully-equipped kitchen including a dishwasher!. My granddaughters loved the large flat screen tvs and of course, the indoor swimming pool (with hot tub). Since it was just an overnight stay, we didn't get to use the fitness center but took a peak and it looked great. The was also a business center with 2 computers for guests' use, free of charge. There was complimentary high-speed wireless internet available in our room. The complimentary breakfast had everything you could want: waffles, sausage patties, eggs, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, etc. The hotel was extremely quiet and our room was next to the elevator. The best part of our stay was the extremely helpful, cheerful staff! They went out of their way to help. When I asked for a dinner recommendation, the desk clerk not only printed up several restaurant suggestions, she also printed up directions to them! This was a great, AFFORDABLE hotel, perfect for families as well as business travelers!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2009

The hotel overall was nice. It was the first extended stay hotel that I've stayed in, so having the extra room was appreciated. I never used the kitchen or anything, but it was nice that they were available. Our company gets a corporate rate with Hilton, but even with that the hotel was pretty pricey. I wish the exercise facility would have matched the rest of the hotel's classiness, but it was a treadmill and some free weights in the laundry room...creepy.

I know that CT is expensive by definition, but I just expected a little more umph.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ajurkash
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Just returned from 2 night stay Oct 11th 2009, 2 adults and one 5 year old. We were visiting friends in the local area.

Given the different reviews, I was a little nervous, but we found the hotel to be nicely equipped and clean and quiet. We had booked so we could use the indoor pool in case of bad weather, but in the end we didn't use it. Looked clean, although not huge.

Check in was speedy (although we checked in very late) and the doors lock at 11pm so there is some added security. Yes, you did have to sign a notice regarding "rowdy behaviour" but truthfully, I was not offended. Parking could be far away. We had booked a 1 bed suite and were upgraded to a 2 bed, so that was a pleasant surprise. However, I think a one bedroom still would have been plenty large enough. Entry to the rooms corridor is from one end (rather than the middle) so it can be a hike from an end room (which we were, #258 on the main level) to the lobby and breakfast area. Hallways were wide, well lit and clean.

In-room kitchen was well equipped and clean and living room furniture was in great shape. Each room had it's own bathroom, both of which were spotless. I know some wont care for the plastic surround in the shower, but it was fine. And yes, water pressure was a little weak, but more than did the job. Soap, shampoo and lotion was provided.

Bedding was clean and comfortable and there were extra's in the closets. Room was nicely cleaned when we returned later in the day. Breakfast was crowded the next morning (around 8am) but there was plenty of it, even if the menu was limited (cooked eggs, bacon, usual cereals, fruits, bagels etc). They added trestle tables for seating in the lobby area.

The location is a little out of the way and not much to walk to - but I am sure most people have a car. A couple of miles north there's a sports center (mini golf, bowling, ice rink) and to the south about 10 mins drive is town of Stratford and the beach/marina area.

Overall, we would definitely return to this hotel and would even pay the regular rate for the 2 bedroom as we were impressed with the space.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed twice as a stopover on a family drive from DC to the Cape. The stay on the way up was poor, and the stay on the way back was great. We have also stayed at the local Residence Inn. Pros: Immediately off of the Merrit Parkway. Relatively new construction compared to local Residence Inn and clean. Nice staff. Short drive to numerous casual restaurants, grocery store, liquor store, gas station/convenience store. Indoor pool and OK fitness center. Cons: The outdoor pool at the Residence Inn is much nicer IF the weather is nice. Thin walls. The staff put us in room 203 directly under a noisy low life extended stay group in room 303. They banged around all night, woke up my children twice, and were audibly cursing after we complained to the front desk. The front desk was not at all surprised when I complained about the people in the room above us the next day, and knocked off $30 from the room. I would have rather had a good night's sleep and a happy wife. We came back the next week, and the same group was still in the room. They had a bag of garbage sitting in the hall, a ripped privacy please hung on the door in the late afternoon, and the no smoking hall smelled like cigarettes about 8 rooms from their room. Management asked how my stay was, and they blew off my comment about the nasty extended stay group still in the hotel. I guess hotel prioroitzed the revenue from the extended stay over short term guests. Management should kick out the group, and we should never have been put in the room below them first place. The second room was far away from that room and was nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family