Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Hotwire.com
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
$107
$85
Red Roof Inn Milford - New Haven(Milford)(Great Value!)
$67
$116
$110
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome away from homehomewood suites by hiltonbedroom suitemerritt parkwaycomplimentary breakfastfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerfitness centeran extended stayliving areathe entire staffstaying at this hoteli highly recommend this hotelindoor poolwafflesbusiness tripgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2009

In my mid-thirties and made a reservation at this hotel with my boyfriend for a quiet weekend away. During check-in, I was told I was told not to run and scream in the hallways and was required to sign a "code of conduct and no party policy form," listing the name and ages of everyone in the room. Really? I haven't been told that since I was 10 years old and I certainly haven't signed a code of conduct form in a couple of decades. We found the request of the receptionist and the form to be Insulting and demeaning--this is a Hilton brand and we aren't frat-stars checking into a cheap dive in Cancun!

Otherwise, the hotel was below the quality that I usually see from the Hilton brand. Our nonsmoking studio suite smelled of mildew and cigarette smoke if the ac wasn't running constantly. You definitely don't get that "ahhh" feeling when you walk in the door of the room. It's more like, wow the fluorescent light makes the place look green and the carpet is clammy... Pretty disappointing if you're expecting more than a 2-2.5 star room.

Definitely wouldn't return to this hotel, even if I hadn't been treated like a child at check-in.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jeg65
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed July 20 - 25 for 4 nights in a spacious studio suite with very comfortable queen bed, fully-equipped kitchen with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and 2 burner stove. There is a sofa with coffee table, a desk and also a 32" LG Flat screen TV. There is no oven like the Marriott Residence Inn. The Hilton Homewood Suites has recently been renovated .and also offers an indoor heated pool, fitness center, complementary business center and gueest laundry facilities with washer and dryers. There is also a lovely terrace with barbeque facilities and tables and chairs for relaxing. I would use the terrace for breakfast and also in the evening when using my laptop. The staff here is very friendly and pleasant. The Homewood Suites offers a hot breakfast with one select breakfast item as well as waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit and yogurt, granola. They also offer a complimentary salad bar with a daily light meal and beverages on Monday through Thursday with different offerings each night. Wireless internet is complimentary. We would recommend it to others. They also offer one and two bedroom/two bath suites. It is conveniently located off CT 110 and Route 8 as well as convenient to Rt.95 and the Merritt Parkway.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights in Stratford. The hotel is very clean, almost noiseless, and the rooms are spacious. The hotel is slightly out of the way of downtown Stratford and the water (about 10 minutes by car). The only major issue is the breakfast buffet - it's free for a reason.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my special needs child the night before his surgery at Yale Childrens Hospital. The staff was incredibly accommodating, recommending a 2 bedroom suite for us since we were travelling with support staff rather than having two separate rooms. The evening buffet dinner was bustling, with people coming and going, chatting and really enjoying themselves. The hotel is very convenient, right off the highway, and has a great internet connection (which I find is sometimes spotty at other hotels). The front desk was great - they were very nice to both myself and my son - we really appreciate that. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Be sure when you call to tell them everything, include your pets info. When I stayed last year, I didn't pay a pet fee but this year it cost me $200.00 more. Last year I stayed 6 days and this year 5 days and it cost me $174.00 less last year. The rooms are nice and clean however walking your pets in a landmine was quite ugly. Even though you're suppose to pick up after your pets, it wasn't happening when we were there. Too bad.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank HeavenCharlotte_NC