“Thank you for your kindness”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Brewster, NY
“Thank you for your kindness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my special needs child the night before his surgery at Yale Childrens Hospital. The staff was incredibly accommodating, recommending a 2 bedroom suite for us since we were travelling with support staff rather than having two separate rooms. The evening buffet dinner was bustling, with people coming and going, chatting and really enjoying themselves. The hotel is very convenient, right off the highway, and has a great internet connection (which I find is sometimes spotty at other hotels). The front desk was great - they were very nice to both myself and my son - we really appreciate that. Thank you.

Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

Be sure when you call to tell them everything, include your pets info. When I stayed last year, I didn't pay a pet fee but this year it cost me $200.00 more. Last year I stayed 6 days and this year 5 days and it cost me $174.00 less last year. The rooms are nice and clean however walking your pets in a landmine was quite ugly. Even though you're suppose to pick up after your pets, it wasn't happening when we were there. Too bad.

• Liked — cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — outside area for pets-no one picked up their pets mess
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank HeavenCharlotte_NC
fort lauderdale, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

We stayed here in October, 2008 as part of a Bar Mitzvah group. The hotel and staff were extremely accomodating---especially since my reservation was part cashing in Hilton HHonors points/part the Group Rate.

Upon check-in, they booked me on the main floor, but I explained we were from the south and would love a higher floor so we could look out and appreciate the fall foliage and we were moved to a room w/ a most magnificent view.

The free b'fast is "OK" and we were thankful for it, so it's hard to complain. Past posts have mentioned gummy oatmeal, underdone waffles, etc., but HEY...this hotel has the same rates as others that offer ZERO b'fast and if your waffle was underdone...you do cook it yourself. I was grateful and thankful for the coffee at all hours and for the refrigerator in my room for snacks and leftovers. One thing...I arrived late for the free breakfast on 2 of 4 mornings, and the kitchen staff was quite accomodating at "making me a plate" regardless of the time. We needed some first aid supplies one night and the staff brought them to our room and refused a tip. I would say the facilities were great and the intention and attention of the staff were great.

The only complaints would be lack of proximity to conveniences, but let's face it, if one does their research, they know that this is a rural location. Rent a car and then you can get to the stores you need, the train station, etc.

I would say that, for the class of hotel, this place gets a 4 out of 5. That means it is not a fancy hotel, but it delivers what it says it will. There is a free b'fast each day. There is a clean and warm indoor pool. The room is "straightened" promptly and efficiently. The staff is friendly and accomodating. There are two computers w/ internet access and a printer always available. I wish the management would analyze the level of cleanliness in the bathrooms and kitchenettes, then I'd give it a 5 out of 5 for it's class!!

Highly recommend a stay here, just rent your car first!

• Liked — Friendly Lobby Atmosphere and the layout of the room...we were very comfortable. Also loved that the front desk could print directions for me for anywhere i wanted to go! Walgreens, the train station, various restaurants, back to the White Plains airport...very nice and appreciated!!
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom and kitchen floors...the tile shows it all, so it made us afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet or use the dishes before washing ourselves first! It looks really clean, but we felt it wasn't!! Also, I know that in this day and age of environmentalism, it is not vogue to change hotel sheets every day....but in a FOUR NIGHT STAY our sheets were never freshened. Slightly dissapointing!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mamamooch
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We have been staying at the Homeward Suites for 3 weeks now. While we were on vacation, we had a fire at our home. I have to say that the staff at the Stratford Homeward Suites has made my husband and I feel like we are part of their family.
We know everyone by name, and they all know us. It's a wonderful feeling when you return back "home" at the end of a long day (dealing with insurance adjustors, and contractors, the job and the kids) and find a smiling face at the front desk. Any request is met with a smile. The kitchen personnel are all very accomodating. Norma, you are the best!!
Clare, Linda H and Linda HH are also terrific. There are too many people to individually thank. I would recommend this "home away from home" to any of my friends whether temporarily displaced or just for a night away. For little romantic getaway, this is the place.
Keep up the good work.
You guys are the BEST.

• Liked — cleanliness, friendliness,
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

Stayed here for a wedding I attended. I thought it would be close to the train station, but it's about a $20 cab fare. The hotel looks great. Located on a mountaintop, it's quite majestic. The lobby is really nice and inviting. Our room was a suite, so we had a pull out couch and 2 double beds with french doors. The kitchenette was nice too, especially for our leftovers and waters. There is no food around the property, so you would need a car or other transportation. The front desk was hit or miss. They forgot to give us our gift bags even when we identified ourselves as being with the wedding party.

We had problems with the hotel van. They were supposed to pick us up from the reception site, if we signed up, which we did. It made 1 run, and forgot us. We called 4 times, and they kept saying they were on their way. Finally after waiting 45 mins, we called a cab. The cab arrived faster than the van which finally pulled up as we were leaving.

The breakfast was not good. Gummy oatmeal and underdone belgian waffles. There was a big selection, of mostly cold items. And it was quite cumbersom because the staff kept refilling sufficiently filled items. And it got crowded when it came time to eat.

I am sure there are other better options to stay at than this hotel.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Inconvenient location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank mstara
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

This hotel is alright, but no where near exceptional. My fiance booked this place as a romantic night away, but I guess he didn't do good research. The room is not as nice as the pictures their site. The full kitchen was convenient, and the separate bedroom was great. The decor was quite tacky, it almost had a hunting lodge feel to it lots of hunter green and reds, and mallard ducks galore. The pool is very tiny and there isn't much to the fitness room. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. Its a reliable place to stay, but it is not good for a romantic evening.

• Liked — Seperate large bedroom
  • Disliked — decor, pool, location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thisnerdishot
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights in March of 2008. Exterior and lobby area of the hotel was pretty clean but room seem a bit dated. It wasn't dirty or anything. Free breakfast was okay although we had better free breakfast at other mid-level hotels. If price is right, we'd stay here again.

• Liked — Free High Speed Internet
  • Disliked — Room interior
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ck1220
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!