“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
new york city
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Homewood suites in Stratford was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was great! Evening reception was good too. Hey its free! They serve free Beer/Wine as well. Its all you can eat and you can bring it back to your room which is great since we have a baby. Pool was nice. Only complaint was I had to call Housekeeping everyday to come clean my room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Likes:
-Housekeeping is attentive
-Breakfasts are not fancy, but adequate to get you going
-Nightly receptions are decent, varied, and fresh
-Bed, bath, closet are clean.
-Workspace is roomy and comfortable

Dislikes:
-Air condition is noisy

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LViz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear threestartraveler, By your profile picture, it looks like you travel often and I appreciate your checklist review! We would love to have suggestions on improving our complimentary breakfast and dinner offerings, as we like to vary them per our guests requests. We constantly ask our guests but they say they "can't think of anything, everything is great!" So we encourage you and others to let us know what you would enjoy having and we will do our best it provide it...thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate you!
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Homewood Suites in Stratford Connecticut. Very nice clean Hotel, very friendly staff, good breakfast. nice managers reception every week night. Rooms are clean. Did not use the kitchen but it is available. There are not a lot of restaurants in the area most are 5 miles away.

Ravena, New York
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very nice hotel. Comfortable room, complimentary breakfast/dinner. Location was rigth across from where I needed to be. Nice sitting area for breakfast/dinner. Helpful/friendly staff. Would pick this hotel for future stays

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Stevend142, thank you for taking the time to write a complimentary review that is very much appreciated! Our location is convenient for many as we border two counties and are close to many businesses in Shelton, Milford as well as Stratford, while being easy on/off the highway. I hope you'll be back to enjoy sitting out on our beautiful terrace for meals and to enjoy our beautiful outdoor setting! Thank you again!
LONG ISLAND, NASSAU NY
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I always like Hilton Hotels and this was no exception. Place was spotless, buffet was good. Rooms were great, bathroom and bedroom were both a good size. 2 TV's and full kitchen which was stocked with everything you need. I only stayed one night wish I was there a week ! Location was close to major highways with a quiet and rural feel. Good diner down the road ....town shuts down pretty early but you could just cook if you want to.

Room Tip: I always like top floor rooms....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Brick, NJ, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I got a one bedroom suite at the Homewood Suites in Stratford. It was just my daughter and I , the room was big enough for us to not be in each other's way, two TV's were a nice touch so I didn't have to watch her kids shows! The room was clean, full size fridge, microwave and cook top with a bag of popcorn, all very nice. Breakfast was free and hot and as much as you wanted. Overall a good location, good value and clean - I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Franklin, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I travelled for business and in my opinion this was an average stay. If I had a choice I am not sure I would revisit this hotel / facility. Parking was a problem and I had asked for a wake up call which never happened. Good thing I had put a back up on my cell phone.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear PoonamA, I am very sorry to see that your recent stay with us was less than expected! Since our parking was limited we must have been very full and I hope you were informed that we have various entrances providing you with easier access to your suite. I sincerely apologize for you not getting your wakeup call, I can surely understand the consequences of what could have happend if you did not have your personal back-up call scheduled. I would like to talk to you in depth about your skeptism of not returning as I sense there was more you were not happy with, and in order to improve, we need to know the areas that need improvement. Please give me a call to discuss as we certainly want to exceed your expectations and would like an opportunity to do so! Thank you for taking the time to help us do better!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#2 of 5 in Stratford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!