“Very happy with our stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrived very tired from a flight from the UK to JFK and a difficult drive out of New York in rush hour! It was great to find such a beautifully appointed room and helpful staff who directed us to a place to eat. It seemed a shame to stay only one night as the suites are really set up for those staying longer with cooking facilities and a lounge area. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here recently on a family weekend for Sacred Heart University. The place was so comfortable, clean and homey feeling. We will be coming here a lot for the next few years so this will be our hotel of choice! Friendly front desk and staff. Clean Clean Clean!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my second time staying in the Stratford Homewood Suites for business. I do a lot of driving for my job and so when I hit a pothole and ruined my car tire, it was somewhat stressful. When I went to the front desk to ask about tire/auto repair places, the staff spent about 15-20 minutes helping me figure out the best place to go and even calling and scheduling an appointment for me! Not only did they make sure I found an appropriate place, they even made sure that I was able to get to and from the auto repair shop! I am blown away by the exceptionally amazing customer service and will definitely stay at this hotel whenever I'm in the area. Thanks very much to all the great staff at Stratford Homewood Suites for making my stay excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
LViz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear JBF42, thank you for expressing your appreciation of our team! They work very hard to be the best and truly care about exceeding our guest's expectations as you experienced. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent the over 2 months at Homewood Suites. The staff is awesome- so caring and considerate. They remembered my name shortly after I checked-in. It is well-kept and had very comfortable accommodations. Can't say enough great things!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family recently spent 1 month at the Homewood suites, we found it amazing! Everyone there was extremely pleasant from the kitchen staff to the front desk. The buffet in the morning was excellent and the lite dinner was really a full course meal. For a family of 5 the rooms were spacious and very clean Beds are very comfortable.. Pool was a plus for my kids, who swam everyday. When we checked out, Linda the General Manager gave my kids coloring books and told them that they are always welcome to come back and visit. I highly recommend this home away from home to everyone!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I felt we should have been extended more in the way of customer service and/or discount, etc. We were very disappointed that the advertised whirlpool was not there...the pool heater was broken - which I understand can happen - but the pool was cloudy looking and this was very disappointing because relaxing by the pool was the goal of our trip as we relaxed with our son - student at SHU. Plus - security and parking lot issues were very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Trip Advisor Member, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us! I am disappointed however, that you did not express your disappointment while you were here, perhaps when you received your courtesy welcome call to make sure you were happy with your accommodations? We have made every effort to remove all pictures and mention of a whirlpool since we had to permanently close it. And, you are absolutely correct, pools break down occasionally and it was unfortunate it happened during your visit, we do apologize! In this case the part had to come from CA and although we tried everything to find a replacement for Parent's weekend, we had no success. If you would be kind enough to give us a call, we would be pleased to do something extra for your next visit. We would also like to get more details regarding your concern over our parking lot and security. I am proud to say, during my 13 years here at this property, we have never had a safety issue. Thank you again and I do hope we hear from you soon as we have no information to call you!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean rooms. Uncomfortable pull out sofa bed. Breakfast is a plus. We stayed during a college family weekend because everything else was booked. My 16 year old football player son was very uncomfortable on the sofa bed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
LViz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Kelley S, I apologize for the discomfort your son encountered on our sofa bed and appreciate your feedback. We wish you had let us know while you were here as we may have been able to switch your suite to something more suitable, perhaps a two bedroom, two bath suite or a one bedroom double so your son could have slept in one of our dream beds. Ler me know if you are coming to the area again and I will be happy to work something better out for you! Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
SpringHill Suites Milford
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!