“A bit of peace in a time of crisis”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we lost power with Hurricane Sandy, who knew that 5 nights later I would be enjoying a hotel 30 minutes from home? This hotel which is conveniently located directly off the Merritt Parkway across the street from Sikorsky Aircraft was a delight. While I had only hoped for a warm and comfy bed with a working TV and wifi, I found that the hotel was full of other amenities such as an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast.

Service was great and bed was comfy! Great bedding and big TV too. Never used the efficiency kitchen, but was handy too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ann F

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked a (2) double bed, one bathroom, sofa bed suite. When we arrived at 3:10 pm, the room was not ready. We were immediately given a (2) bedroom, (2) bathroom, sofa bed suite. These suites are large and complete with full kitchen (everything you need for cooking, etc), and 3 tvs. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and friendly. The breakfast area was very nice and includes an outside space. There is a pool and laundry facility. The property is hidden behind an adult living facility and may be a little difficult to find. This was not a problem...it was great not having any traffic noise. Overall great experience. Hotel is also pet friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent two months here in Stratford on business. Although I was away from my family, the staff at Homewood made me feel right at home. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was always happy and comfortable. The services the hotel provides were always great from the room cleaning service to breakfast and dinner. The hot tub and gym were also a great amenities after a long day at work.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2012

i'm a bit late in writing this review but the guilt was getting to me!

stayed here a few months back and had a wonderful stay. the front desk staff were great. the room spacious and spotless. loved having a kitchen for my wine and snacks. lol

after getting to my room i decided i didnt like the view. it was far too quiet. i called down and asked for a room facing the merritt parkway as i love looking out the window and seeing traffic and lights at night whilst reading. someone came up within mins with a new key card and even helped me carry my stuff. had a perfect view and it was not noisy at all.

didn't have a chance to take advantage of the pool. the belgium waffles in the morning were a real treat.

definately felt like home away from home. now all i need is an excuse to go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the first pet-friendly hotel that we visited with our new dog. The room is very nice, with the small kithenettes (takes some getting used to), the seperate bedroom, and pretty spacious rooms. The indoor pool and hot tub are nice, and you can take your complimentary breakfast outside to eat, so the family pet can be with you then also.

We've been here a number of times now, and there are several nearby locations like Boothe Memorial Park/Museum, hiking, beach, and other activities to make it a good family trip. Some things like the beach however aren't pet-friendly.

Still, I've gone to this hotel with and without our pet, and the kids always like it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

First of all I have to give thumbs up for having a room big enough for my family. I have 4 children , add 2 adults and we always end up getting told we need two rooms !! With homewood suites I didn't have to separate the family. The two bedroom two bath suite , with 3 tvs , and full size kitchenette was perfect. The negative thing about the kitchen was that the garbage can in the kitchen was a very small waste basket. Why put such a small garbage can in the kitchen in a room designed to fit up to 8 people. After eating 3 cup o noodle soups the basket was full.

The bathroom was nice but had no windows and no exhaust so "odors" lingered in there for hours.
Maybe a garbage shute or a main closet designed for getting rid of garbage would be a good idea to get rid of diapers and garbage since the waste baskets fill so quickly.

The rooms were clean , the staff was nice. My only complaint about the staff was when I called the front desk before I arrived and during stay, I felt like the person on the phone couldn't get off the phone quick enough. And no I wasn't talking too much.

The free breakfast was nice. Yummy. To save money on eating out , I brought fruit n yogurt and bagels up to my room for when the kids get those late night munchies.

The Business room was a room with two computers and a printer, open 24 hours. The keyboard was very dusty and the chairs made me itch, so a little more attention to detail in that room is needed.

They have a little pantry where yo can buy things . They are way over priced. $1.25 for those cheap blue shavers that you get 10 for a buck in the dollar store. $1.25 for one shower cap , the same exact ones you get 10/$1 in the store. Those things should be free in your room. Toothbrush and toothpaste were not provided and the mark up was way too much to buy it from them. I found a dollar tree a 7 minute drive away, yes I bought air freshened lol.

The pool was a decent size, it was indoors, ther was a hot tub, but I'm not into those.

One more thing I would suggest is to make it even more kid friendly. Is to add a wading pool for little ones and a playground They definitely have enough space o the property to do that

All in all great place

Room Tip: Book early to save $$