“It is a home away from home!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Monroe, CT
“It is a home away from home!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

If you are looking for a home away from home this is where you want to be. I am a mom of three (3, 8 and 10 years). When we first came to the hotel the children were 2, 7 and 9. We have been here for over three months and have celebrated their birthdays during our stay. The staff put a Happy Birthday message up on the welcome board for each of the kids with a special balloon. The little extra things they do at Homewood Suites mean so much. Taking children out of their environment/home can be disruptive. The Homewood Suites has been the strength that has carried us through the past few months. It has been very stressful waiting for our home to be completed from all the winter storm damages. We thought about renting a home but realized we are already home. The kids have adjusted so well. The rooms are very spacious and the living room area is a good size too. The kitchenette with all of the cooking supplies has been so helpful and I just love having a full-size refrigerator. The bath towels are so clean and white and big too. My husband is 6’5 so he is happy they are the big towels and not the little white ones that you get at other properties. Homewood goes that extra mile for their guests!
As a full-time working mom I have been able to utilize the Wi-Fi connections in all areas of the hotel which has been so convenient. I have also been able to have business meetings on-site with the fantastic meeting space. The cleanliness of the rooms has been over the top, the morning breakfast is wonderful, the warm staff smiles that greet you and the continuous comfort of knowing that you trust the staff at all times has been so great. The staff is like family; they treat you with respect and show that they really do care. With the length of time that I have been here the consistency of the staff has really exceeded my expectations. They have made a very stressful situation into a positive experience. I can’t thank Homewood Suites and their entire staff for everything. I will be sure to refer any out of town business travelers to you, any corporate partners that need meeting space to you, any short-term or long-term guests needing extended stay or just a family on a get-a-way to you. Homewood Suites you do it all and you do it all so well! Thank you again!

Connecticut Resident

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Hi! Thanks so much for your great review! Wow, what great comments! We appreciate your kind words about our staff, hotel suites and meeting facilities. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home.

Thanks!

Heather Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2011

As a frequent business traveler, I know there are other options in the area, but I will ALWAYS stay at the Homewood Suites in Stratford. This is truly my home away from home. Being away from my family is hard enough, but one of the main reasons I have stayed here every visit over the past three years, is that I am made to feel right at home EVERY visit. The rooms are spacious, ALWAYS clean, and everyone from the front desk personnel to the maintenance group is very helpful whenever anything is needed.

There is a wide variety of food at both the Breakfast and DInner buffets, but my favorite is the Breakfast meal as there is always fresh fruit every day and a different hot meal as well. Although I rarely leave for dinner, there is a wide variety of restaurants in both directions within a 10 minute drive.

I strongly disagree with the reviews below. I think it is great that this hotel is dog friendly (as so few are). I never hear barking nor have I been able to tell that dogs are even in the rooms. Although there are more families in the summer due to school vacation, I think it is a good mix of business and leisure with far more business travelers during the school year.

I have frequently recommended Homewood Suites to friends, family, and co-workers and all have enjoyed their stays. I will continue to recommend this hotel.

Thank you Homewood Suites!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Hi Kevin D,

Thanks for your kind words and great review! We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and appreciate your recommendations to friends. We hope to see you again soon!

Heather Harris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I tend to agree with previous reviews that this hotel is more oriented toward leisure travelers than business travelers. From my experience, nothing is wrong with the hotel, nothing spectacular either. During my stay, a lot of families with kids or retirement age couples stayed there. Overall the hotel was quiet even with so many kids. Probably because I requested a room away from elevator / lobby areas. Dogs are noticeable at times, a factor if you are allergic to dogs.

Food at Danny's Drive-in which was a ten mins drive from the hotel was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
trenton,nj
Reviewed August 5, 2011

ok my fellow travelers heres the honest scoop-dirty room, lack of supplies to room,dirty bedding,animals all over dog hair on furnishings which leads me to think maid service is even worse than originally percieved! food deal monday thru friday is decent not great but decent-pack some goodies because you wont fill up but ok enough. location is awful unless you work for sikorsky aircraft which is directly across the st. locating hotel is bit hard sits behind elderly assisted place. i dont smoke and if you do theres no place for you folks outside because i saw its allowed on balcony but families take it over with alot of dirty looks smokers beware-lol a little area for them would be nice,hate to be out in the elements as weather worsens and alas thats where your gonna end up here! over all for the cost and title of hilton the staff was unknowledgable for the whole maid service is very very poor the laundry was broken down-again 3rd time so dont count on it,and noise is overwhelming with children running loudly up and down halls,steps,pool,outside inside dinner area-but blame parents for not keeping them beter mannerred. personally wont stay here again for the price can and have gotten better locations cleaner rooms and more peace and quiet. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone except spca or orphanage temp.shelter. hagd. time for me to move on to another hotel worth the money for some much needed rest and a clean room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank travelingmania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2011

maid service was very poor,the sheets were not changed after asking 3 days in a row and complaining i stripped own bed and made the staff bring me clean sheets! also asked for more shampoo and lotion never got it asked everyday and night asked them to leave notes for maid never got that either-no backup toilet paper actually ran out! thank god hubby was here to go locate some and this is not acceptable for a HILTON! spiders in the room, only 1 place to sit and smoke outdoors which is where people cookout so naturally that caused problems-they need area maybe spend a few dollars build a gazebo for smokers! i would not recommend this hotel to anyone which is pretty bad since i am a constant traveler due to work and head up the setups for others to stay-will never see my company here again-also MOLD ON THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF FRIDGE AS WELL AS DIRTY DISHES THE MAID RAN IN DISHWASHER WITH NO SOAP DAILY-I WATCHED HER DO IT OVER AND OVER!!! please to any perspective traveler family business whichever-STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE HORRIBLE STAFFING -PRETTY BAD WHEN YOU MUST STRIP YOUR OWN BED FOLKS-PRETTY BAD.....IVE STAYED AT LESS RATED PLACES THAT ARE FAR BETTER SO DONT GO BY THE HOTELS RATING ....READ WHAT REAL FOLKS ARE SAYING! also they allow animals so for anyone with allergiesLIKE MYSELF ask for clean new blankets sheets towels etc because dog hair was on all of mine! VERY VERY BAD EXP. DONT SPEND THE MONEY FOR THIS DUMP! hoping ive helped someone not to be duped by the hype of this place its awful...SAVE YOUR MONEY NOT WORTH IT AND BAD ARTEA AS WELL NOTHING TO DO BUT JUMP OFF AND ON FREEWAYS NO STORES NO RESTAURANTS JUST A VIEW OF HELICOPTER PLANT AND TRAFFIC DAY AND NIGHT NONSTOP-HORRIBLE JUST DOESNT DESCRIBE OUR STAY...

Room Tip: donot stay here keep looking folks honestly donot stay here!-fitness center also was 2 treadmills a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank nyangelfire1968
LindaHolmesHannon, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
We appreciate your opinion and want to assure you that we are addressing all the issues you mentioned regarding your room and service levels. We are committed to the comfort of all of our guests and strive to provide a high level of service in a “homelike” atmosphere. We sincerely hope that you will give us a return visit so we can show you the true level of quality that we are known for.
Linda Holmes-Hannon General Manager
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I travel to the Stratford/Shelton area monthly for business. If the other business hotels in the area are booked I will look at the Homewood Suites property. The property itself is nice. The rooms are clean, big and are all set up for extended stay guests. No major complaints about the property.

However, the hotel's typical guest is tough for a mid-week business traveler. There always seems to be dogs/animals on property. Many times there are families with small children staying. And during my stay there was a 5 year old birthday party.

This shouldn't be an idictment of the property. Heck, I've used extended stay hotels for my family when travelling for pleasure and they work great. But as a business traveler staying mid-week, it just creates a level of noise and activity that I generally try to avoid when travelling for work.

And finally, avoid leaving the hotel during rush hours. Major helicopter company across the street and getting in and out of the parking lot can be tough when there is a shift change. There are usually traffic cops directing traffic but be patient.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank xy223yz
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I would like to thank Charles for going out of his way. I left my travel folder in the room when I checked out. I called the hotel and Charles not only went to get it and put it aside for me, he also called me to tell me he found it. That was a big relief to hear.

Please thank Charles for me. As usual, your hotel is not only a home in location but also a home in caring.

RG

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#2 of 5 in Stratford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!