“Mistreated by Staff - unwelcoming”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Utica, New York
“Mistreated by Staff - unwelcoming”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The staff were very, Very unprofessional. disrespectful and rude. There was lots of noise in the hallways from running children but they staff made a huge deal about the no party policy and insulted my intelligence by repetitively reminding me of the policy, called my room and reiterated the policy and reminded me that I signed it, sent the hotel janitor or engineer to my room to lecture us on the party policy and noise, this man was very strange and smelled like marijuana. Thanks for sending a stranger into my room, it would have been nice to have a heads up. I received two random charges on my credit card, i wasn't even provided a bill explaining the charges... I have been constantly calling the hotel to express my dissatisfaction with their staff and they have been ignoring me. I have left multiple messages on the general managers phone, the director of sales, and the sales manager... no response yet.. apparently they have a culture of POOR customer service.

11 Thank Camper8899

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Clinton, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Hotel was nice and clean, but treated me and the other guests in my party like they didn't trust us and with total disrespect. Stayed there for a concert in Bridgeport with a few other friends, hotel made us sign a no noise/no party type contract, which is totally reasonable.. but then when we entered, apparently because we are only 23 years old, proceeded to call us in our room to threaten us and warn us about the no noise no party contract and said this was our one warning 2 minutes after we brought our luggage in. And then another 2 minutes after that sent in the engineer to threaten us face to face about the policy... mind you we made absolutely no noise and just brought in our luggage to this point. Made us feel totally unwelcome, untrusted, and singled out because we weren't 50 years old. THEN we ordered a taxi that was supposed to show up 20 minutes from when we called, 40 minutes later we call the front desk and they say "im not sure let me check where it is" only to find out the taxi service "abandoned us" and they would then call someone else.. this is almost an hour after we had planned on leaving for the concert. You'd think someone would find out where the taxi was after it was late, and let us know what was going on.

Room Tip: Go somewhere where the staff doesnt profile
8 Thank dococc38
LindaHolmesHannon, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay here at our Hotel. I personally apologize for the unfortunate incidents that took place during your check in. Our hotel does have a no noise/party policy to ensure the comfort and safety of all our guest. I assure you my staff meant no disrespect when they reminded you about your policy and their intent was not to make you feel unwelcome. We take pride in meeting the needs of our guest so that you have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and I would like to invite you back when your travel plans require you to return to the Stratford, CT area to experience a memorable stay. I can be reached directly at 203-377-3322 and would be honored to handle your reservation.

Linda Holmes-Hannon

Clinton, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I drove 4 and a half hours to be treated like a child by the unprofessional staff. Like most hotels they have a "no party policy" and ask that you sign the agreement, I did and I completely understood the terms... BUT this wasn't enough. After I checked in and made my way to my room, I received looks from the staff as if I was performing an illegal act by taking in a case of beer and wine. I was then rudely called by the front desk manager Lashanda, who both insulted me and disrespected me by reminding me of the "no party policy." Ok, no big deal right? well that wasn't enough, immediately after the call I had a knock on my door and the hotel engineer Ed, came into my room and proceeded to lecture me about the policy and how we should keep it down, and he was in college before too... I'm NOT in college, and neither are my friends. It was extremely rude to be called and reminded of the policy and then to have a SURPRISE guest lecture me on the policy? Is this honestly how you treat your guests??? I am extremely offended and I will not stay at this hotel EVER again. and I will avoid all HILTON hotels. They have much better service at a Days Inn and they don't treat you like a child and they don't jump to conclusions and discriminate based on looks or age.

15 Thank Daniels95
Firestone, CO
Reviewed January 19, 2011

This is a great place to stay. I was traveling on business but it would also be a great place for families. The staff is great (very friendly and helpful), the included breakfast and dinners were awesome and I slept GREAT.

The only other think I can say is. . . . . . . STAY HERE!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Eddiebo
lviz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Dear Homewood Suites Guest, thank you for your kind words of praise! Our team is a true family and takes pride in making our guests feel at home. We hope you will visit again, it was our pleasure to have you!
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We had a family Thanksgiving dinner reunion at the Homewood Suites this past Thanksgiving. Fourteen of us stayed and had a catered dinner after viewing the parade in NYC. It was the best weekend we've had and due in part to the staff of this hotel. Everyone we came in contact with was wonderful. The folks in the marketing department, front desk, housekeeping - everyone was terrific. The rooms were spacious and clean, the lobby impressive and conducive to sitting around and talking. The location is perfect for easy access to major roads and a scenic overlook of the Housatonic River. Management should be proud of the efforts put forth by the staff here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank orangemanjz
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Great service. Clean fresh and new!!! Staff is friendly and courteous. What a wonderful place to stay!!!!

• Stayed November 2010
CT
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had a wonderful experience here. The rooms are beautiful and reasonably priced. The staff is very accommodating (they even let our wedding guests have an after party in the lobby - free of charge and free of hassle). I think it's the perfect hotel option for wedding guests. Everyone loved the free, continental breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was my pillow, but I'm picky when it comes to that. Our room was free on the wedding night since our guests booked so many rooms, and the hotel even left champagne and chocolate for us. Five stars!

• Stayed October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Quality Suites
#2 of 5 in Stratford
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!