“food lacking”
Review of McCoy's Pub - CLOSED

McCoy's Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Irish-American Food, weekly live entertainment, and are family friendly so bring the kids and get ready to relax.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went for happy hour on a Friday...prices for drinks were good. Staff OK...busy doing other things I guess. Ordered mac and cheese and pulled pork....did not care for it. The mac was penne pasta, and the cheese was mixed with barbeque sauce and so was the pulled pork...what there was of it...for $11.00. My friend had a pulled pork sandwich which he said wasn't very good either for $11.00. The fries were very good....would stop for a beer, but not for the food, but it may be a personal opinion, since I don't like penne pasta nor do I like my mac and cheese mixed with barbeque sauce. There was plenty of food, just didn't meet my expectations of mac and cheese and pulled pork.

There are newer reviews for McCoy's Pub

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in Stratford and dropped into this place for a beer and snack. Ended up having one of their BBQ "platters". Their sauce is not overly sweet and very tasty. The brisket was my favorite on the sampler plate. It was not fatty and it was cooked just right. They seem to have the Irish cooking down right. There were so many enticing items on the menu but maybe next time I am in the area.
The beer and whiskey selection was excellent as it should be in an Irish Pub. The staff was very friendly and generous on their pours.
Not my concern but I did observe the bartenders drinking on the job. (A big no-no on the show Bar Rescue).

2  Thank jwildman68
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Upon entering the bar was very full with on 2 seats. I sat at the bar as no one was at the restaurant table. The bartender promptly came over stated the happy hour specials, the service was GREAT! Atmosphere is an Irish pub and suited the establishment. The restaurant seam a bit on the dirty side. I got the nacho's, but the nacho's where homemade potato chips with all the nacho fixing, a bit differ but good! also had a burger which was cooked correctly and tasted very good. Good place for a beer!

1  Thank Maducker
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to meet friends for open mic night. We ordered the Irish nachos the were excellent. The atmosphere was great very upbeat but i'm sure its a great place to stop for a sandwich and soup. We samped a bite of the shepherd pie so good. Drink prices very reasonable

4  Thank db639
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went for lunch with a friend. Good food - we both had grilled cheese (cheddar), fries and potato soup. Service was a bit slow, and the wait staff is really about bartending, not about table service. Right in Stratford Center, easy parking at lunch time. Kind of tight seating on the window side. Have had dessert there in the past and it was all right. Good on tap beer choices.