“Irish food on the cheap”
Review of McCoy's Pub - CLOSED

McCoy's Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Irish-American Food, weekly live entertainment, and are family friendly so bring the kids and get ready to relax.
Newport, Rhode Island USA
“Irish food on the cheap”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Not too bad, tight, loud and definitely Irish Pub/Sports Bar inspired. Great Corned Beef. It may not be the place for a large group gathering but wonderful for friends to gather for a pint.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Joseph S

stratford, connecticut
“So-so”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food is average, on occasion the staff is a little rude. This is a good bar to frequent if you enjoy live music as they have bands playing on weekends sometimes.

Visited January 2013
Vermont
“Beer & Burger”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Met a couple buddies of mine before heading into Bridgeport for a hockey game a couple of Saturday nights ago. Place was nearly empty at 5:30 with the exception of a few bar patrons. Service was fine, prompt, and attentive.....no issues there....Between the three of us, we ordered a burger, a sandwich, and a salad along with a round of beers.

Burger was VERY GOOD yet the french fries seemed to have been sitting around way longer than they should have. Not cold, yet not hot. Not firm like you'd expect freshly cooked french fries to be. My two companions didn't complain to me on their meals, nor did I complain to the wait staff on the french fry issue.

Three rounds of beers, and dinners came to $25 each......maybe a bit more than I'd expected.....but still not so much that it broke the bank.

Overall I can't say I support the 5 stars others have given McCoy's.....I gave 4, buy would feel 3 1/2 stars would be a better score for my experience.

Still I'd go back and give it another try..............

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bear-in-Vermont
Bronx, New York
“What an unexpected joy--Laughs and just good old clean fun!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My name is James Ryan and I am from the Bronx-1 mile from YANKEE Stadium!!! So my hesitance when walking in to McCoys Irish Pub In Connecticut and asking if they show the Yankee games here. A very, very effervescent man that goes by the name Smitty looked at me, turned and walked away.. I was nervous for 45 seconds. He returned with not one, But TWO Yankee jerseys!!! He wore #13 [A-ROD) and I #33 Nick Swisher!! Now I had ten minutes until game time so i asked Smitty whats good to eat here... He said " Do you trust me to order for a fellow Yankee fan... After the Stunt with the jersey, That was a yes!!!

He started me off with the "SMITTYS NOT SO IRISH WINGS!" Smitty is not Irish, but he says he is by trade!! AWESOME!!!!! The best in my 47 years on this earth... Really try them, Great! Then Out came a BEAUTIFUL Corn Beef Ruben that was finished by myself in less then 6 minutes. And the Yankees won!!! Even if they didn't, the staff was great, and Smitty, real name Greg, was great. Glenn the owner came out and I got a brief history of their friendship spanning over 30 years!! Well Glenn, keep Smitty, your food, and if you treat others as you treated me, You will make a very nice life for yourselves over there!! And Greg--SMITTY-- thank you for treating me like i was a friend of yours 30 years myself..

CHEERS MCCOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank james r
Danbury, Connecticut
“Friendly staff, fantastic food, ideal atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The owner made time to speak to us, and when I expressed my food allergy concern he immediately introduced me to his head chef and we worked together to create a delicious meal. The staff was not hesitant to help or frustrated because of the gluten free request. The atmosphere was casual and relaxing. The family friendly atmosphere encourages the entire family to come in, sit, enjoy the food and good company.

• Visited September 2011