“A Super Summertime Treat!!!”
Review of UConn Dairy Bar

UConn Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Storrs
Groton, Connecticut
“A Super Summertime Treat!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We drive about 40 minutes away but still drive 2 or 3 times a year to visit the Dairy Bar. Really nice ice cream. My favorite is Toasted Almond while my wife loves the Maple Walnut. Toasted Almond is super nutty (not whole nuts, but easy to chew crushed nuts) and has no alcohol taste at all (most of the time Toasted Almond ice cream has a strong alcohol taste - - but not here). As a special treat, I can really recommend the milk shakes - - especially vanilla. We always buy some half gallons containers to take home and eggs during our visit. Everything fresh from the UCONN farm!!!

My only concern is the fact that they do not have a large supply of half gallon container on stock. They will fill up a container for you with the flavor that you want - - but it costs you an extra $2.00 over the regular price. Not a large fee - - but kind of unethical if you ask me. But I guess you can do that when you win a few basketball games.

Still it make brings a smile to my face when we decide to visit my alma mater. Enjoy and don’t forget to take some home.

TIP: During the summer they stay open longer - - Remember, it’s a Summertime Treat!!!

• Visited July 2013

CT, USA
“Great ice cream, refreshing cool spot”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a nice treat after touring the enormous UConn campus. All the ice cream is made on-site using locally produced ingredients. A must-visit for ice-cream lovers. There is a cool display of old glass milk bottles in the entryway to the bar, and a freezer stocked with yummy take-away containers for purchase. The store also carries eggs from the campus farm..

Oakland, California
“Best ice cream in the state”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was born and raised in Connecticut, and Dairy Bar is still the best ice cream I've had in the state!

I most recently visited a few weeks ago with a group of friends. The newly-renovated interior looks great, and provides more room for customers. I ordered the Husky Tracks, which is similar to a "moose tracks"-type ice cream you might find elsewhere. It is vanilla ice cream, with peanut butter swirls and chunks of Reese's PB cups in it. The ice cream itself is so creamy and delicious, it would satiate your appetite with just a plain flavor! The serving sizes are also quite large, so be ready to eat plenty of it!

It's about a 35-minute drive from Hartford, but if you're near UConn, you MUST try this ice cream!

Tolland, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap but delicious”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Been to the Dairy Bar many times growing up, and was always amazed by how cheap it is and the huge portions. All of the flavors are great and the employees serve HUGE scoops -- a child size portion is big enough for most people here!

Visited July 2012
Coventry, Connecticut
“Perfect for a 90 degree day.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had two scoops of the black rasperry ice cream. This was by far the creamiest ice cream I ever tasted that was full of flavor. My wife had chocolate peanut butter and her only complaint was that it needed a bit more peanut butter, but overall she loved it. The place also sells ice cream cookie sandwiches, ice cream pies, and their own milk and eggs. I will be sure to bring a cooler with me next time.