“Great family adventure”

The Adventure Park at Storrs
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Storrs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come climb at The Adventure Park at Storrs! Within five beautiful acres of woodland you will find our amazing "aerial forest park." Experience "adventure in the trees" perfect on your own or with friends, family and parties. Seven trails through the trees interconnected by zip lines, ropes, obstacles, challenges and fun! Unlimited climbing for 2 or 3 hours. Ages 7 and up! Summer HOURS: Sunday - Thursday, 9am-8pm; Fridays & Saturdays, 9am - 10pm.Plus Select holidays, see updates on Home Page. Large Group Reservations 7 days a week (prefer 2 weeks in advance).
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Different levels of climbing, zip lining & obstacles make this a fun park for families. Must be physically fit. A wonderful time!

There are newer reviews for The Adventure Park at Storrs

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just completed our first trip, and we will return!

I led a group of 14 (9 scouts and 5 adults) ages from 7-13, 30-45. EVERYONE had a great time!

I noticed 5 different climbing courses. They are similar to ski ratings. One Yellow, two Green, one Blue, and one Black.

We started on the yellow, the easiest, where the kids got to reinforce their training while going over some simple obstacles. Some adults did have difficulty due to the smaller obstacles they had to pass through, but everyone made it

We returned to the starting platform where both green courses were attempted and completed by most of our group.

Three of us also completed the Blue course. It was a challenge, but not overly difficult. It had two long zip lines going over the parking lot!

The obstacles ranged from simple, silly, challenging and neat. All were fun and appropriate for the course level! I did not count them, but I would say there were over 15 obstacles per course. Zip lines are on every course, so you get a fun ride mixed in.

The "tweezle" system is fool proof, so there is no need to worry about accidental unclipping. The training is quick, basic and simple. It is sufficient, but if you need more, they will assist you.

The staff was GREAT! Although they were all younger, they truly enjoyed their jobs. They were connecting great with the kids and adults. The staff was helpful when needed and still able to correct improper behavior and correct user mistakes without being pushy or rude.

We watched several times where users needed help. There was even one "rescue" where a user was stuck midway on a zipline and could not return to a base. The actions were unified and quick. They resolved the situation as a team.

There is no question safety was important and stressed!

This is not a tropical, 1000' zipline at a scenic resort. This is a woodland adventure with friends. The whole area is under the canopy of Oaks, Maples and Pines. It is fully shaded and quiet (except for a loud passing vehicle and excited screams from guests).

We went mid week. There were not any large crowds, but it was busy. The two hour window seems short, but once your out there the time is just about right. From what I heard, and would expect, the weekends can get quite busy, so I would try to avoid them. You can call ahead and reserve a time slot as well.

Overall, this was a great time spent with friends, and everyone could proceed at their own pace and level. Looking forward to returning!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My nine year old and my spouse had a good time trying the easiest two courses at the adventure park. I admit that I chickened out but it was delightful watching the two of them. Those that aren't climbing are free to roam the paths under the challenge courses which makes for some great photo opportunities. I would strongly recommend that you try to be there on a weekday as the weekends are extremely busy. We were there around lunch time on a Saturday and the place was packed. I was a little hesitant about the cost since tickets are only good for two hours but believe me, after two hours in the trees my human squirrels were ready to call it a day. It's a great way to get some serious exercise and for people of all ages to accomplish something that they can be proud of. Since my son was a little (or a lot) skeptical about some of the challenges on his second (and more challenging) course I wasn't sure how he would feel about the day overall but I am thrilled to say that he really enjoyed himself and gave a big thumbs up to the idea of a return visit.
A few things to think about:
- Check the weather before you go. The park does close for rain.
- You will save time when you purchase your tickets if you fill out the consent form online before you go. A link to the form can be found at their website.
- Make sure that you are well fed and have used the restrooms before you get in the harness. You can not go to the restroom with the harness on and once you get up in the trees you have to complete the course unless you feel like getting "rescued" by the friendly staff.
- If you have any apprehension about heights there will be fear involved when you are completing a course. But I witnessed first hand that with facing that fear comes a huge sense of accomplishment.
- Individuals and small groups are welcome to go on a first come first serve basis but they prefer that groups of 8 or more make reservations. There are also discounted group rates for parties of eight or more available.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

After my third visit to the Adventure Park, I knew I had to write a review.

Before: Check the weather forecast because the park will close in rain, but if you become a member of their Facebook group, they update you as soon as they know. Browse the website and scroll down where it says "First Visit in 2014?" Fill out the waiver ahead of time to avoid a wait to get into your harness. Also make sure to visit the bathroom before you go because getting back into the harness after you've already put it on is a pain! Ask as many questions as you want of the staff as well, as despite their age (many of them a lot younger than me!) they are quite knowledgeable in the ways of the trees.

During: Remember to breathe and look straight ahead whenever possible. They taught you well in the safety course and you have to trust that the clips will hold you in case something else gives way, like your arms or legs. I've fallen twice - once where I was able to right myself by turning backwards and pulling on the rope, and another on the logs section of Cedar Pass where my knees buckled out from under me and they had to get a pulley device to raise me back up. Both times, no lasting injuries, and again, the staff displayed only the highest caliber of professionalism in terms of keeping me calm and safe, both from the ground and with a helping hand up. Your ticket too is good for 2 hours which is enough to finish one in as a beginner and two or more as an intermediate climber.

After: Pat yourself on the back that you've lived another day extraordinarily, and treat yourself to Dairy Bar ice cream while you're at it! I know I do. :)

I think the best recommendations I have for this place is that no matter what your skill level, arm strength, or fear involved, the staff does a wonderful job of training you and no matter how you feel about heights, you certainly feel alive during that brief period of time (and for me this feeling goes on for at least another few hours!) Also note that at closing time, if you are still on the ropes course at some point, they will get a ladder to bring you down.

Thank you Adventure Park, for helping me face my fear! One day I will be a season pass member I am sure - but for now, I'll buy single tickets to drag my friends along as I see you in the trees!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you have always desired to zip line over the ocean, river, forest, or canyon somewhere in the Rockies, Costa Rica, Nicaragua or Jamaica, you just may want to test your comfort level somewhere local first. Adventure Park in Storrs CT is perfect for such a feat. It was so much fun challenging oneself couple feet off the ground and swinging from the trees and testing one's limits. We purchased a deal for 2 using groupon and then visited (no need to make an appointment). There is plenty of free parking available. The staff are courteous, professional and helpful. It is environmentally friendly (use insect repellent, no motors, do no damage to trees or trails). The staff help you get suited up in your climbing harness and trained (orientation to using the locks) you before you went up in the trees. There are four different levels (yellow, green, blue and black) for different strengths and abilities. It combines obstacle courses with the zipline. It was so much fun. Best of all it is family friendly. I am definitely going again, and this time I am taking my children (children over 7 are permitted). It is also really safe (you are always locked to a cable using their double lock device) and the staff help you get down if you get stuck, have difficulty or are simply afraid. I went with my husband and two friends and we all enjoyed it. Its also a really fun workout.

2  Thank TheWorldInTime