“Nice Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dog Lane Cafe

Dog Lane Cafe
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Storrs
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dog Lane Cafe is Northeastern Connecticut's newest European/American cafe, offering something for everyone from early morning to late at night. Our menu and our daily specials emphasize seasonal, local and freshly-prepared food, all made to order. Sample from our wide variety of sandwiches, grilled items and freshly tossed salads or help yourself to coffee at our self-service coffee bar - where you get to make it the way you like it. Relax in our comfortable dining room or during warm months enjoy outdoor dining on the patios on both Storrs Road and Dog Lane. Whether you are in hurry or want to take some time and relax with friends, our style of service lets you set your own pace.
Coventry,Ct
“Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed a nice dinner the other night. I ordered the Cajun Hotdog with a birch beer and my wife had the teriyaki chicken sandwich. Both were good. The atmosphere is relaxing with earth tones throughout the restaurant. The menu is quite extensive we will be back to try more of the menu, so far so good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Willington, Connecticut
“Coffee & Spelling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was 'here' yesterday (8/4/13)...it might be the last? I had two different coffee flavors around 4 PM. The blends were coconut and breakfast! Both were about the worst coffee I have ever had...almost as bad as what me mother made from pond water. The music was loud and some dysfunctional jazz method behind its misconception. Further, there was an almost constant cacophony and din of blenders, really annoying to the aural senses.

Wait, wait, there's more (Ginsu knives, no)...the menu...the menu! Upon entering was a large
board with 'specials' written there upon. Number heading the list was , "Fish Cake Caeser" (sic).
I told an employee (associate...whatever they are today) that Caesar was spelling incorrectly.
Her retort...I didn't write the menu. Come-on...it's college time. No change was made.

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank Clay B
Connecticut
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great menu, wonderful atmosphere. Terrific location in Storrs! Relaxing cafe that is quickly becoming a social hub for locals as well as for the student population.

Visited August 2013
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have given this venue multiple chances. I am vegetarian and ordered the vegan chili. After taking my first bite found out it was beef chili. They offered me a free dessert for my trouble-- while a nice gesture I thought that they should have comp'd my chili. After eating the meat, I didn't want dessert. Another time, I wanted a Caesar salad with olive oil. The cashier told me I should get the garden salad. I asked if it had romaine lettuce; the reply "yes and other types of greens". It arrives with no romaine. My friends' food came out 15 minutes after my food was served. They are expensive and the portion size is small.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank UCONNLL
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Clean, Great Choice of Sandwiches with Healthy Choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Met some business colleagues for lunch; great sandwich shop right on campus. Great variety of sandwiches, grill food, salads, smoothies and daily specials. Good choice of teas and coffees as well. The place is self-serve; you go order and pay then someone will deliver your food to your table. I had the smoked salmon BLT - Applewood Smoked Bacon, Smoked Salmon, Lettuce, Tomato & Herbed Cream Cheese on Toasted Wheat. Was a good pick; came with some potato chips and a pickle. If you are in the mood for a sandwich and like some variety - give the "Dog" a try.

• Visited July 2013