“Fast food calzones!”

Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Storrs
Storrs, Connecticut
“Fast food calzones!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is our favorite place to get takeout food. The specialty here is calzones, but the breadsticks are also great (my son loves them). There are a lot of calzone combinations with their own unique name. I have tried at least a dozen different ones and liked all but one of them (the one I had with buffalo sauce was way too salty).

The dough on these calzones is great (has a nice chewy texture). If I am really hungry, I can eat two of these calzones pretty easy.

There really isn’t anything else like D.P. Dough. It is fast food with a 10-15 minute wait time. It is also probably a lot healthier than other fast food.

The prices aren’t too bad and D.P. Dough has a daily special and a buy two get one free day that helps lower the cost.

We have only had one bad experience in which the breadsticks were not cooked enough and we were missing one of the ingredients in the calzones we ordered. I returned to the restaurant and got replacements of the breadsticks and one of the calzones (I ate mine too quickly so there was no way to prove mine was missing sausage). Service recovery was ok, but for the trouble of having to return twice on their mistake to get replacements, I wasn’t thrilled. But considering I had years of positive experiences, I am sure I will return.

• Visited October 2013