“It's not there anymore!”
Review of Mansfield General Store - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mansfield General Store
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Drove 7 miles for an overpriced antique store. The woman said it was a country store a long time ago. I guess 6 months is a long time to her!

3  Thank Asmurfette
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently discovered this wonderful old time country store,restaurant,and antique shop, en route to the U Conn campus in Storrs. What a wonderful down home feeling I immediately experienced upon entering. There were many delicious choices for breakfast,all home made,but I chose the corn beef hash skillet . As my breakfest was being prepared,I ventured through the store which featured many artist,artisan and locally grown products as well as antiques and curiousities. There were the locals gathered at their favorite tables discussing the days events. In the corner by the piano ,was a man playing the banjo and singing old time songs. There was a young family enjoying their Saturday morning together.My breakfast was served on a sizzling skillet,and all I could think of was yummmm.I dug in,and to my delight,it was the best breakfast. The hash and potatoes were nice and crisp on the bottom with a layer of cheddar,onions and green pepper melted over them,topped with eggs. I was barely able to finish it,but it was too good not to. The lady who cooked my meal ,who is one of the sisters that owns the store was so nice,making sure everything was to my liking.
After breakfast I went into the adjoining antique shop and was amazed at all the cool stuff they had. There was tons of jewelry,vintage clothing ,furniture,pewter,glass, etc etc..Could have spent hours rummaging and the prices were very reasonable.
I highly recommend visiting the Mansfield General Store.

1  Thank Richard Y
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I love this restaurant! A very old country store has gradually been converted into a very charming, inviting restaurant and antique store. The families running this establishment are working very hard to provide a welcoming, hospitable environment. Some of the old furnishings are used as table settings and furniture--very appealing. The food is good, too! This is a very good place to stop in for breakfast, lunch, a snack, coffee or tea, or ice cream. The managers are gradually providing outside seating as well, on the porch and in a patio area to the side. We recently visited for their Sunday brunch, complete with live music and a delicious variety of breakfast foods--scrambled eggs, home fries, strawberry pancakes, French toast, and other offerings.