Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Best Western Storrs(Mansfield Center)
Rodeway Inn(Willington)
Ashford Motel(Ashford)
View Hotel
All reviewsnathan haleuconn campusplace to staycampus hotelgreat experienceblue oaknice staffroom was spaciousconvenient locationmy soneach morningnight staysecond floorconference centerstudent unionthe pubcollege tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference at UCONN. My stay was pleasant and my room was very clean. Although not overly friendly, the staff was helpful. I ate at both restaurants and the food was decent and came out quickly. The service for breakfast was sometimes slow to get started as you would sit in the dining room alone until someone from the back noticed a customer had walked in. Once I was acknowledged the service was fine. When I checked in, the first room I was given smelled like dirty feet and mold. My asthma acted up at once so I went back to the front desk and they pleasantly and quickly switched my room. I had no odor or cleanliness issues in the 2nd room. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here while attending conference at UCONN. Convenient, one thing that surprised me was the additional 50 USD charge per day for incidentals that they reimburse when u checkout! Would have like to have known that ahead of time when booked!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just spent last weekend in this hotel. Mostly everything was fine except a few things:
My partner and I were getting ready for the wedding, so we had the "no disturb" sign. We read that even with it, at 1pm the hotel wanted you out of the room since they wanted to clean the rooms every day. We had to rush out and were out of the room by 1pm and had to wait for a few hours in the bar downstairs, which was perfectly fine for us if in exchange we could get the room cleaned, new towels, etc... when we came back from the wedding that night, the room was exactly as we had left it... disappointing
The second thing was the service at the bar on the Sunday morning. The girl working there was not very nice and it seemed that I was bothering her by asking thinks like a coffee or fork and knife to eat my lunch... she was much nicer to a group of older people that while I was trying to watch a game in one of the TV managed to get the remote control and disconnect it for a good while... she wasn't that pleased that I asked her if I could continue watching it...
I was also charged twice for the coffee (only realized on my way back home).
I also think that the price after tax (150$) per night (with wedding discount) is well over what the hotel offers.
I will hardly come back there unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fausto C
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Room with two queen beds, work desk, wifi in the facility. Nice feature at checkinis inclusion of fold out campus map. Two food venues on site although the same dinner menu served both, so for more casual dining, select the True Blue Tavern.

Sound proofing not what it could be; the folks across the hall let door slam shut behind them. The in room heating and cooling system is loud when it comes on.

Have a care regarding parking, the rules are strict. Although i didn't find the rules 'friendly,' i cannot say i am uninformed if ticketed or towed

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rdi2Go
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel is in the middle of the large University of Connecticut, Storrs campus. It's comfortable and the food is excellent. The rooms are a good size, clean and well serviced.

Room Tip: Be aware that the campus hosts all kinds of large events. Room on the back side of the hotel might tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business