“Best Mediterranean food in CT, you're welcome you're welcome”
Review of Sara's Pockets

Sara's Pockets
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Storrs
Vernon, Connecticut
“Best Mediterranean food in CT, you're welcome you're welcome”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I used to love me some Sara's pockets when I went to Uconn! I went back to this place after having been away from uconn for 5 years and was shocked that the owner remembered me. First off, if you are looking for fast food, don't come here! This place only makes good fresh food and he's in no hurry to make it fast. All of their pockets are good and I like the combo plates as well. It's like a restaurant out of the past or something which I like. Some people are just plain stupid like John H who apparently only eats McDonalds and teds. What a loser. Anyways, I live a half hour from this place but were going to start going here again bc the food is so good.

oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is the classic Mediterranean food dive - delicious food, good price, decor of a garage sale.
The baba ganoujsh was a nice smokey flavor, the hummus was smooth and tasty. Great tabbouleh too. Perfect for a quick tasty meal. OH, and the grape leaves are out of this world, nice and lemony, and vegetarian (actually vegan I think.) So nice !

• Visited June 2012
Storrs, Connecticut
“Maybe I was unlucky that day...”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I went there with high expectations from reading other reviews. Turns out it was one of my worst dining experiences ever. Refusing to fix an order that he had messed up on, he demanded payment. Actually it was more like he threatened. His initial calm demeanor was then turned to fury as the concept of customer service seemed more alien to him than sound economic policy is to our current government. Also, meat that weighed no more than my phone that costs around $18 just didn't make sense, especially when it took an hour to make only to come out dry.

• Visited January 2012
“Yummy...good fresh stuff!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Cutest & most delightful little man ever! I wanted to sneak him in my pocket & take him Home with me! My boyfriend and I both got the falafel pockets, which were absolutely delicious, and we shared a tabouleh salad, spinach pie, and ice tea. A little over 18$, we left with full bellies & a smile!

1 Thank Ishkbibl13
Connecticut
“The best falafel around!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

They have great food at great prices!! Plus, the owners are the nicest people ever!! I almost always get the falafel, but my boyfriend loves the chicken kebabs. Never disappointed!!

1 Thank ammorello