“See Urban Slang for Swooner”
Review of Swooner - CLOSED

Swooner
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Swooner certainly lives up to it's urban slang definition, but we are certainly not won over. If you want to have attitude then you better well deliver. At little graciousness and hospitality goes a long way to make mediocre food in a great location a good value.

I had the New England Clam Chowder, obviously freshly made and well presented but lacking in depth of character. The fish and chips were a nice crisp brown but the fish was very dry. The fries were award winning but at $17+ I want a little more than great fries and maybe a fresh slaw.

Our cocktails were excellent and the outdoor deck is one of the best.

There are newer reviews for Swooner

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have been to Swooner 4 times and the food has been great every time. I come from New York where it's restaurant survival of the fittest and this place compares to the best I have found there. Add that to a beautifully renovated space right on the water and you have a real winner. May be a few dollars more than the old Skippers but this is real gourmet food and generous portions to boot. I'm a resident here and couldn't recommend this place more - give it a try you won't regret it. Recommends: blue fish pate (a real sleeper), fluke and kale salad.

4  Thank EBNY2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014

What a treat to get to "DINE" on the waterfront. This restaurant exudes calmness, perfect sunsets,excellent food and congenial service. I have gone several times and each is just
the atmosphere that I wanted. Interesting and diverse food choices and fantastic desserts.
If I had my way I would start at dessert.
Yes, it did have some growing pains, what new restaurant doesn't. The kinks are addressed daily and I can see the difference. Staff are happy and helpful.

A VERY satisfied customer

4  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I met our daughter for lunch, and were extremely disappointed to see that there was a new restaurant-No lunch service, first of all-(seriously,summer, waterside?) We were not interested in drinks or raw fish, we were interested in a nice meal, casual dining, smell the sea air and feel welcomed-Didn't happen. We asked to see the menu, and we almost fainted at the prices-(where are we?the Almafi Coast?)Personally,we aren't 'stuffy' people-we like a welcoming staff, good service(as used to be the case)good food, AT A DECENT, NOT HIGHWAY ROBBERY, price-The menu is a la carte-so be VERY careful. No, we didn't eat there, and no we won't be eating there-go down to Dog Watch-they have lovely service, reasonable prices(lobster roll, is fantastic)and you actually feel welcomed! Oh, and you can smell the sea air, even though there is no dockside dining! It's busy, but they treat you like family, not like people with deep pockets!

5  Thank podunk13
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Slow to serve at firdt on a less than busy night. Friendly wait staff. Great renovation of the venerable skippers dock. A job well done. Dinner was ok. Swordfish was very good, oit of flounder so i tried the hake. Kind of boring and bland. Desert was good. Coffee and donuts(creme brulee) waa great, spanish toast was ok. Very pricey-close to 40.00 for a dinner and 1 drink. I will try again but not right away.

1  Thank brynulf