“Outstanding! We will be back! A++++”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Another Second Penny Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2008

My wife and I were more then pleased with our visit and even booked our next stay before leaving. Our suite was clean, comfortable and charming with a fire place, luxurous linens and a giant bathroom which included a large jetted clawfoot tub.The breakfasts Sandra made were simply amazing and a better then any B&B meals we've ever had. We really enjoyed our stay and intend to visit on a regular basis. Highly recommended!! A++++

Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed July 31, 2007

We loved our stay. The rooms were filled with beautiful antiques, clean and very charming. We had two rooms for our Sisters week-end. The charm of the house was what made it special. The breakfast was a five course very elegant and top shelf. We loved the cat Mr. Peabody. The Inn Keepers were very nice, and we loved the fact they respected our privacy. The rooms were very clean, great location. The sitting area on the porch can be spruced up a bit. The library was filled with great books and movies for your enjoyment. The homemade cookies and muffins were great. It was very hot and humid that day and it was refreshing that the Inn had air conditioning. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank micky7
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Beautiful old farmhouse, great grounds. There is a friendly dog and a cat which i liked a lot, but some might not. The hosts are mindful and i'm sure would keep the animals away if a guest objected. There was a partially disassembled electric bike on a big table in one of the rooms on the main floor, but otherwise, the house was well-maintained and comfortably rustic.

The breakfasts were amazing, but take a little getting used to - how often does one have a 4-course meal on delicate china at 8am? It's worth experiencing, though, and I found that I could skip lunch since it was so satisfying.

Not far from Mystic, the RI beaches and other CT attractions. I was coming form an urban location so i took the train to Mystic and rented a car there, saving rental money, gas and driving hassles.

I haven't stayed in many B&B's so i don't have much to compare this to, but it was very pleasant and enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank mdr0ck
Reviewed July 1, 2007

The grounds are beautiful. I unfortunately did not get to explore all the land they have. It was clean and comfortable. The fact that it's not far from Mystic was my draw; less than a 10 minute drive.
Be careful of which room you book. I was a bit dismayed at the fact that my "private bath" was actually in the hall next to my room. It was just mine, but I was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that I had to leave the room to use it. Also, I was in the Noyes room, because I was supposed to have a traveling companion (who backed out), and this room can have 1 king or 2 twin beds. I opted for the king, and the bed was good as long as you didn't get too close to the middle where you could tell it was 2 separate beds put together.
Overall, it was a great stay. Great location, good breakfast. Annoying cat in the guest house who tried to follow me, and I had to run from... I'm allergic which was not good.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank traveler1008
strlght, Owner at Another Second Penny Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2007

All of our rooms have private baths; two are ensuite, one is adjacent as our website indicates. Bathrobes are provided to all of our guests. Since the other rooms are ensuite, the chances of encountering anyone in the hallway while taking the single step needed to enter the bathroom, are very slim.

We adopted our cat just a couple of days prior to this guest's arrival. Had she asked, we would have kept Mr. Peabody confined so that he did not bother her. Normally we screen prospective guests for cat allergies but our previous cat had died and we did not expect to get another when this guest had booked.

Not recommended for single travelers??? Not if one is looking to meet other singles as the odds are small with a 3 room B&B. That said, we have many single guests, of both genders, stay with us who enjoy a quiet, relaxing, getaway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
Hilton Mystic
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic

Been to Another Second Penny Inn? Share your experiences!