“Worth the wait on a Saturday evening.”
Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Winter Garden, Florida
“Worth the wait on a Saturday evening.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a FUN little restaurant and bar! Customers and staff alike are all very friendly almost like you stepped out of CT for a bit. It's slightly dark inside, a bit noisy with interesting almost eclectic decorations hanging about without much order which is curiously inviting because it's not your ordinary dining room. I say it fits the description of a tavern, more so than a café. This is not a place to have a coffee or pastry. It's for succulent fruits of the sea - period. Stonington scallops were cooked to perfection and the oysters are like ocean candy - shucked to perfection and very clean. This was my second visit and I'll be sure to return. My only gripe is that the beer selection is too limited; there's no reason for them not to carry many CT brewed bottles and print a nice list to be placed at each table. I can't speak to the wine selection but it looked just fine.

• Visited August 2013

Madison, Connecticut
“Cool old bar”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Loved the atmosphere with antique signs and toys. The old bar was gorgeous, like stepping back in time. Bartender was friendly and professional and even though we were not from the area, the local crowd was very welcoming.

Visited August 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Not on the water but great food!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

After 2 weeks on the water it was a delight to find this great place in Stonington! I had the house specialty-duck & scallops-yum! My husband had the pork tenderloin-very good! Our server was great plus ran after us down the street to return my husbands hat he had left on the chair! We will be back on our next cruise through Stonington!

Visited August 2013
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Dinner after our trip from Dublin”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Food was really tasty and very good value. We will visit again.

Visited July 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Little Spot!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I ate here the first day of our honeymoon. It was a cute little place and seemed to be very popular. I got the flounder with asparagus and mashed potatoes and my husband got the duck and scallop dish. Both were exceptional! The desert was good but small. Creme brule for $8 was a little pricey for what you got. The service was great. Free hot bread with the meal. Overall it was a great first impression.

• Visited August 2013