“Great Fresh Broiled Fish!”
Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We loved the fresh fish, the staff was nice. However, there were a long wait to be served. They do not take reservations.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My friend and I went to this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon in August of 2012, when it wasn't too too busy and tried to have dinner at the bar. The female bartender ignored us for about 25 minutes and then told us that other people were waiting to sit first and that we needed to get up, AFTER we were served drinks by her. When we entered the restaurant, we were specifically told by the hostess that the seating at the bar was first come first served. This woman was horrific, to say the least and caused a scene in front of other patrons. Her name was Kelly and it was one of the most horrible restaurant experiences I have ever had. We called to leave messages with the owners, and ultimately my friend was told that they are short staffed and needed this person. I wouldn't venture into that bar again for as long as I live. It was a night killer and with my extensive business and personal travel, this was one for the books. Very ignorant person, the bar apparently caters to the locals, and I'd skip this place and go to the Dog Watch which is nicer and has better atmosphere. Sorry but it was a terrible experience and we also complained to the Chamber of Commerce in Stonington.

3  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Whether you order an old stand by - the London broil or the quesadillas - or venture from the range of delicious daily specials , you won't be disappointed ! Start your meal with oysters and crab spring rolls and end with chocolate flour less cake... Heaven. The staff are so friendly that every patron feels like a local. The atmosphere is festive and funky with its Stonington themed art and signs. Enjoy !

Reviewed July 29, 2012

First time visiting Stonington and Water Street Café was recommended everywhere we turned. We were not disappointed. Food was good (Tuna Tartare was especially good) and Halibut was as fresh as could be. Funky and lively atmosphere. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Well prepared fresh food, good service, attractive funky setting. I had the fresh-caught striped bass, which was very good. Wish they took reservations; called to put our names on "the list" and then it still was about a 25 min. wait with no room to sit at the bar. We would go back, though.