“Nice place to sip a glass of wine on the water”
Review of Skipper's Dock - CLOSED

Skipper's Dock
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is right on the water, not fancy but a great place to relax and have a glass of wine. We did not eat here so I don't know about the food.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a lovely lunch sitting outside on their deck on a sunny/breezy afternoon. Very good fresh scallops and a good beer to wash it down. Attentive and pleasant service. Soup was served hot, as it should be. Bring a jacket + sunglasses if
planning to sit outside. Beautiful
view!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Decided on a whim to head to Stonington Borough. We live in Watch Hill for the summers, it was nice weather, so why not? After eating at Dog Watch a few times and having a horrendous experience, we decided to try Skipper's Dock.

First the great- The location. Just wow. Granted it was sunny and 75, but the view from the deck was just outstanding.

The good- The food. Ordered oysters and a Tuna special for an appetizer. Both were outstanding. Then I had the grilled swordfish special for an entrée. Swordfish was ok. Nothing special. It was served with a Lobster Risotto, which wasn't cooked entirely. Oh well. I didn't starve. My spouse had the Lobster Roll. Overall he said it was good, but the top of the Lobster Salad was COVERED in Paprika. As was the coleslaw, which was plain.

The average- The service. We were there for over an hour for a lunch. Our server was sweet but she seemed very overwhelmed. It took over 20 minutes for our appetizers. She said it was because the kitchen had to shuck the oysters. I didn't realize it took that long....? The entrees came out much quicker though. Ordered a white wine that they were out of so chose another. Then we ordered a Red Stripe and we were brought a Red Stipe Lite.

Overall, we had a nice time and would certainly return. We didn't starve. We didn't leave thirsty. But the little things start to add up.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This wasn't our first choice for lunch, but the scenic appeal couldn't be beat. We were late for lunch, it was about 2 p.m. They still had quite a crowd on the outside and the wind was whipping around the corner. We sat inside and still had wind through the open windows, had to close one to reduce the wind tunnel effect. The servers were frazzled and weary but ours was pleasant. My husband had the clam chowder and I had the lobster bisque. That was hands down the best lobster bisque I've ever had. We shared the fish and chips entrée. I told the server that I didn't want an entrée, I'd just eat some of his fish and chips. When she arrived with the rest of his lunch she had two plates and a split plate charge of $3.50 without having advised us that was what she was doing. Not what we wanted -- I really was just going to have a couple of bites of his fish. I wound up putting the fish back on his plate. The coleslaw was made with a sauce I wasn't familiar with and didn't like -- vinegar. By early evening my husband was feeling nauseous and the only thing different was the clam chowder. Not sure what else caused his upset. We wound up not having dinner. The view, the environment and the lobster bisque were the best parts of our lunch.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food. I had the lobster roll and it was delicious. They had a watermelon drink special that was so refreshing. We had a wait but we just sat at the bar and waited no big deal. The servers and bartender were very friendly they had someone playing guitar. Lots of activity which I enjoyed. It looks like it does in Hope Springs, and we talked with the locals from the area, everyone was so open and friendly. Thanks for a great lunch.