Inn at Stonington
$59
Inn at Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$175
$170
The Whaler's Inn(Mystic)
$209
Holiday Inn Express Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$142
Hyatt Place Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$148
$125
$267
$64
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic(Mystic)(Great Value!)
$84
$79
Quality Inn(Mystic)
$95
$85
QualityInn
$95
All reviewswine and cheesegas fireplacenew englandcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsother guestsdog watchwater streetyogurtstonington boroughjacuzzi tubsmall balconywater viewwatch hilleach eveningparking lotrestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed, one evening,(Sept. 2012) in a room at the Annex. It was very roomy and nicely furnished, though the bed sheets were like sandpaper. There is also a lot of boat repair going on, during the day, just outside the windows.

I made a reservation for two evenings, in June, 2013, and was booked in to Room 4. I dropped my bags off around 3pm, but didn't settle in until 5pm. The room is street level with windows overlooking the main sidewalk, and driveway to restaurant parking. I closed the blinds and noticed dust, a good bit. In checking the rest of the room, which is rather small, but fine for one, I noticed dust on all the sills, and especially on the picture frames. I decided to check out, as I wasn't intending to spend $240 per night for that. The Manager was at the front desk and I explained the problem. He offered another room to me, but I had looked on the Inn website and there were no rooms available. I asked him to have a look, and he assured me that he 'believed me', and there wasn't any need for him to walk 15ft around the corner to see what I meant. But when I asked him to 'humor' me, he finally, hesitantly obliged. He ran his finger over the blinds and the pictures, and stated that the help must have missed those spots. Not until I asked him to run his fingers over the giant oval mirror over the dresser, did he see the clumps of filth falling into his hands. He now blamed the ac unit...

Also, when I arrived to check in, the desk clerk was chatting it up with the painter. The deck was being painted and you could not access it. I have cancelled reservations made for next month. The price does not suit the accommodations. Stonington Borough is a lovely place to spend a day. As our daughter was in the film, Hope Springs, and being a New Englander we had not heard of the 'Borough', we gave it a try. Unfortunately, the "Inn" scenes were not filmed at the Inn at Stonington. If only in my dreams!

One must remember that the Inn is adjacent to a parking lot shared by the local fish restaurant which IS on the water. Parking is shared and not always available, though there is just as easy a place to park beside the Inn.

Also, when I asked where the nature walk was located, I was told they (after I interrupted her personal phone call)..were not sure. No "Borough" info handy to read, so you are pretty much on your own. You can find brochures at the Mystic Tourism office, about 6 miles down Route 1. There, they were very helpful on all things 'tourist', in that area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank podunk13
Keeper60, Owner at Inn at Stonington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

The author of this review was 100% correct that the room had excessive dust on the blinds and that the mirror frame was unacceptable dusty. Guests go out of their way to praise us for the cleanliness of our rooms, so this was an exception, but not one for which there is any excuse. We apologized and offered to move the guest (rooms were available), but she declined.
Regarding literature on the area we have a closet full. There is a non profit sailing facility next door to us (which our guests are welcome to use), but they are not a repair facility. The movie “Hope Springs” was filmed in the Boro and the façade of the Inn is shown as “Captain Jacks”. We were delighted that Meryl Streep stayed with us in Room 19 for the entire 10 days they were shooting here!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just spent a lovely romantic weekend at this excellent inn. The room was large and well-furnished, with a gas fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. The location in Stonington is almost perfect, though be aware that the ocean view is across a parking lot. Service was excellent and homey, and the daily wine and cheese was a nice treat. Overall. I'd highly recommend this place. If I'm going to quibble, my one complaint would be that the TV in the room was too small (and far away) to be viewed from the bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What an wonderful place to stay. We had great service from making our reservations to checking in to having our morning breakfast and then checking out.
Our room was bright, clean & had an incredible view of the harbor. Would definitely stay here again & will reccommend to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stonington is a charming town with a good range of local shops and restaurants - only a short walk from the Inn. There is also plenty to see and do in the area. The Inn is well appointed with pleasant public areas and is run in a very efficient; yet 'low-key' manner. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful; but were never intrusive. Our room was nicely furnished and maintained and the housekeeping/cleanliness was quite excellent. A really superior Inn, in a great location; we would love to stay here again and have already recommended it strongly to a number of friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

An exceptional place to stay! The Inn is just gorgeous, quiet and a perfect place to relax. The living room overlooks the harbor and is lovely and felled with sun. Perfect place to watch the comings and goings in the harbor or gaze at the sunset. There's a beautiful fireplace topped with a gorgeous mantle. Comfortable couches invite you to sit a while. Continental breakfasts are served in the adjoining "bar" each day and the scones, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit were delicious. We stayed in room 5, lovely. The room was beautiful and spacious. The gas fireplace added just the right touch. We had a small balcony, just the right size for us to sit and sip a drink and watch the sun slip below the sea. Our room, like every part of the inn was immaculate. Our bed was so comfortable. The linens were top quality....and the bathroom, spalike.
In addition to the comfort and beauty of the inn, the staff was wonderful. Knowing it was a special occasion, Susan offered to help in any way she could and arranged a sailboat charter for the afternoon for us. ( she was prompt in answering emails) It added to the joy and celebration of the weekend. She chatted with us and offered great restaurant recommendations.
Can't wait to return to this charming inn.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the inn...I think rooms facing the front might be a bit noisy in the summer but quite honestly we found the entire inn quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple