“Wonderful escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Stonington

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Inn at Stonington
You added Inn at Stonington to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
Stamford, Connecticut
“Wonderful escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the Stonington Inn recently and can't say enough positive things! The room was exactly as pictured (Room 1) and very nice. I think next time I would choose a 2nd floor room because you can hear people walking on the floor above, though it didn't bother us much. The staff members were incredibly nice and helpful. Loved the cheese and wine reception (and can't wait to go back when I'm not pregnant, so I can actually enjoy a glass of vino)!

All in all, a wonderful spot that we will certainly return to!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Harvard, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight in the Inn at Stonington for Thanksgiving, while visiting my sister. Everything about the experience was pleasant. The room was nice, the location was convenient for us, the continental breakfast buffet was great (we didn't need much after a big Thanksgiving meal, and so we were grateful for the ability to pick what we wanted). We walked around Stonington early in the morning and window-shopped. The staff was friendly. A lovely, relaxing experience, just as we'd hoped.

Room Tip: We were on the street side, but no complaints; Stonington turns in pretty early!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After a week in New York, the Inn was an oasis of charm and calm. Our room was beautifully and tastefully decorated, with a large, modern, well-appointed bathroom. Sitting on the deck in the evening with our complimentary cheese and wine was a delight. Our only regret was that we were not able to stay longer at this superb inn and the equally charming village. This was our best accommodatrion in New England, by far.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoRoBrisbane
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a really lovely room here for one night on our way to Boston. The hotel is in a great position with fantastic views out over the ocean. The view from our room was beautiful. The town is so quaint and was easily walked in about 45 minutes. The cheese and wine in the evening was such a good idea as you get to meet your fellow guests and pick up useful information on where to eat. We were going to Skippers dock but (as they had a big booking all afternoon) the kitchen was closed so we went to The Water Cafe (as suggested by the nice lady serving the cheese and wine) which was really great. A very nice hotel and stay.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank manytravels_11
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel, setting and town are wonderful. What gave it the 'special touch' was the friendly, attentive and resourceful staff. I organized a birthday weekend for my twin sister and myself. Joining us were my partner and my older sister and her husband

Room Tip: all rooms I saw were inviting and well appointed. I especially like the rooms on the upper level fa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rob w
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We'd considered staying in Mystic on our short road-trip, but glad that we chose Stonington. Very picturesque town, easy to walk around and admire the homes. The Inn was very central with easy parking. Complimentary wine and cheese on arrival and some good tips from the friendly staff as to where to eat in the evening. A beautiful room with fire and comfy chairs and bed. Excellent bathroom with jacuzzi-bath! Nice public area and outdoor deck. Breakfast was a continental buffet, but perfect after a couple of weeks' super-huge breakfasts elsewhere. One of the better places we've stayed on trips Stateside, highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cumbrian1967
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I can't say enough about this place! I took my mother here for a girl's trip to Newport, RI and we then stayed here for a couple days. I ended up scoring a great rate on Jetsetter and was blown away. The borough of Stonington is so charming (it along with the Inn was recently used in filiming Hope Springs) and the Inn is perfection. The view from our room was stunning and the appointments in the room were beautiful! We loved the working fireplace and large tub, it would be perfect for a couple's weekend. We arrived to the Inn after their wine and cheese hour, but Dori was wonderful in still letting us partake. We had a bunch of leftover food from lunch and she even allowed us to use their kitchen to reheat it for dinner.

Breakfast is a beautiful spread and the winse and cheese cocktail hour was a lot of fun and delicious as well! My mom and I had a great time in Stoningtin and this beautiful Inn. Loved it!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Crstina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
Inn at Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#2 of 14 in Mystic
4.5 of 5 stars 837 reviews

Been to Inn at Stonington? Share your experiences!