“Great local hangout”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great location - watch the sunset from every seat. I'm sure this place is packed in the summer. It was already bursting at the seams in the dead of winter. The food is hearty, the bar is hopping - fun place to come and see what's happening in town.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I came to the Dog Watch Cafe for dinner on a Sunday evening. We were seated right away and had a decent dinner. The waitress was a bit short with us, almost like she had better things to do. Food was mediocre at best.
After dinner my husband and father decided to grab a beer at the bar and my mother and joined them a few minuets later. We waited 20 minuets before the bar tender even approached us. When finally did he asked my mother and I if we were all set. We were a bit frustrated for having to wait so long so I jokingly said, "Do we look like we are all set"? He must have taken it the wrong way because for the remainder of the evening he blatantly refused to serve me!!! I even apologized to him and explained that i was just kidding and he still insisted that I was rude and would not give me anything, but proceeded to serve everyone else in our party.
The whole experience was very uncomfortable and it seemed like he was on a bit of a power trip. As a paying customer you really don't expect to be treated that way. I wont be returning.

1  Thank HCK_4
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lovely setting with water views and boat moorings. Seating outside, weather permitting. Friendly, attentive staff. Selections to suit all tastes. Spinach and artichoke appetizer was plenty to share with a friend - not at all greasy, served hot with a basket of fresh chips. Cod sandwich was crunchy on the outside and moist in the center. A nice touch is you can spend a relaxing time and not feeling rushed to leave your table.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like anyplace where I can sit outside and enjoy the sites and sounds. I was on a strict diet on my first visit to Dog Watch so I don't know how relevant my comments will be for others. I had a salad and a plain burger. It tasted good to me. The salad was fresh and the meat tasty. I can't remember what my husband ordered but he said it was good. I will have to take another stab at reviewing them once I can eat like a more normal person again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wonderful Food and service. The best meal we had by far. We went twice it was so good. The staff was very friendly. It was nice to have a water view too. Certainly visit this place!