“Having just moved to CT from the west...”
Review of Milagro

Milagro
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Stonington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Having just moved to CT from the west...”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Having just moved to CT from the west coast, we have been dying for some good Mexican food! We gave Milagro a try and would recommend it. It was a bit spendy for what you get. The drinks were very good! Service was great! The food was good but a bit bland and not comparable to what you can find on the west coast. We may go back if this really is the best CT has to offer, but we aren't too excited!

1 Thank set2explore

Shanghai
“Nice menu ruined by extreme saltiness”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I don't consider myself an expert on Mexican food, but I do enjoy a good homemade mole, some tamales, or fish tacos washed down with a horchata. The menu in Milagro offers promise of something a step above the typical boozy tequila-and-nachos watering hole, however I cannot recommend this restaurant based on our experience there.

Simply put, my ceviche, a friend's cactus salad, and two of the house salads were way, way, way over salted, to the point of being inedible. I raised this issue with the chef-proprietor, and he thanked me for making him aware of the issue (good), but then in the same sentence blamed it on "help" (bad). Our palates traumatized by a full frontal salt attack, we moved onto our main courses, which luckily escaped the salt-happy gremlins in the kitchen, but were nonetheless unremarkable, if competent, renditions of old favorites: enchiladas rojas, chicken mole, and chiles rellenos.

It's a pity as the appetizers such as fish tacos, quesadillas, and ceviche, along with a salad, could make a great tasting menu on their own, if they could only control the salt levels in their food. This is such a basic culinary skill that there really is no excuse, and I wouldn't go back here with so many other interesting restaurants in the region.

2 Thank perfectscores
richmond, va
“Very Personal and Quaint”
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We were staying at the Stonington Inn and walked down to this restaurant for dinner. There are just a few tables and all were filled so we sat at the bar. We order the tuna cerviche which was wonderful, we also had a very good crab roll. For dinner we had the chicken mole and enchiladas. The food was great as was the margarita. I enjoyed sitting at the bar since the owner waited on us, he was very nice and talked to us as did a couple that sat next to us at the bar. I really enjoyed my evening.

Hampton,ct
“Salmon Baja Fish Taco??????”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Hello,,
I have had Baja fish tacos take home from here before,, Always the whitefish,, They came out Salmon this time,, As my server said,,I should ask what type of fish today is even though the menu says Whitefish, My friends asked for some top notch Tequila,,only to be stomped by tons of sour mix for the margarita... They took two fish toca's off our bill,still they deserve at terrible. The staff needs to learn how to make a drink,,,The owner makes them the correct way.....So my wife says,,,,,

1 Thank saylesernest
Stonington, CT
“Won't be back for dinner!”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We arrived (4 of us) at 6 p.m. on Saturday in early December and waited 45 minutes for a table. They only have 2 tables for 4 and one of these was occupied by a group having drinks only. Milagro only has seating for about 15 including the bar and doesn't take reservations. Margerita's were okay but made with mix, for the price they should have been scratch made. Food was beautifully presented but some of it quite bland, more sour cream than expected, scallops undercooked. Enchiladas were great, so was the fish. Guacamole was bland, Noah's does it better. Chile verde was painfully salty. All in all, we'd go back for lunch but wouldn't spend the time or money for dinner with so many other good choices around.

2 Thank strlght