“Best Meatballs & Eggplant Parm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capriccio Cafe

Capriccio Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, GA
“Best Meatballs & Eggplant Parm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't think of a meatball I've had at a restaurant that I can truly say I enjoyed. Usually too heavy, salty, tough, just never like homemade. This place blew me away with meatballs and sauce that I couldn't have improved upon.

I had 2 of the Eggplant Parm Appetizers as my main course - b/c they don't have it as an entree - and it was fantastic. Not too much sauce, just enough, and not drowned in cheese - but perfectly breaded, easy to cut with a fork, and delicious.

Definitely will go back the next time I'm in Stamford.

• Visited May 2013

Stamford,CT
“A bad night at Capriccio's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ordered the Caesar salad. That was a mistake. The lettuce was wilted, there was hardly any dressing, and the portion was tiny. The Margarita pizza looked like a frozen Cellantano's Brothers pizza, it was nothing special. However, they did have my favorite Pinot Noir, Hob Nob. I had two glasses. I also ordered a side dish of broccoli de rabi which was excellent. My wife told the waiter that she didn't care for the salad and that the pizza was also disappointing. He offered use a free desert, two cappuccino's and a teramiso. We will go back in the summer for the outdoor dining.

• Visited April 2013
Fairfield County, Connecticut
“LOVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been going there for many, many years. It's an awesome summer place. It's casual and serves great simple food. The owner Giovani is awesome. He brings his heritage and cleverness into the place and I can't say enough good things about it.

Visited April 2013
“Favorite restaurant in Stamford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I spent a year living in Stamford and went to almost every restaurant but this was my absolute favorite. The food is phenomenal for the price. It's inexpensive for the quality of food and choices and takeout is just as good as eating there. If you're looking for moderate pricing with great food and a relaxed atmosphere, this is a good place. I wouldn't come here for a nice, planned dinner out but something last minute or a relaxed place for friends to get together. Highly recommended.

Columbus
“Good food, ok service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Everything was great, the food, the price, but the server took so long to come to our table. We waited a while to get the menu and another good 20 minutes to get the check when we're done.

• Visited February 2013