“Wonderful hole in the wall Middle Eastern food in Stamford”

Layla's Falafel of Stamford
Ranked #12 of 473 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hidden in a small strip mall, perhaps 7 tables total, the food is wonderful. Like being invited to someone's home for dinner. Wide variety of fresh mezze, salads, lamb & chicken dishes. No atmosphere whatsoever. Friendly/caring family business. Very affordable. Accept credit cards. Leave room for Dino's mother's favorite dessert. Wash it down with a cold Mash or mango juice.
Take out is a large business for locals.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been to both locations and I'm startling to enjoy the one in downtown more. Certainly more space and the outside is great for summer. The hummus is amazing! The platters are def a deal - enough for two light eaters. My boyfriend didn't care for the falafel that much bc of the outside breeding, but a lot of people love it.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had the Jerusalem falafel and my spouse had the deluxe. I thought my spouse's was a bit more to my liking, but the difference between the two in terms of taste is subtle. My spouse is allergic to citrus, and finds hummus in the store to contain too much lemon...she inquired about whether they offer a non-lemon version of their special ($4.99/lb) hummus, and they told her that they could make a batch especially for her. Needless to say, we'll be coming back over and over again...a little bit of customer service goes a long way. The dining area is small, but enough to accommodate the lunchtime crowd, many of whom seemed to be stopping in for take away.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very slow service on the delivery of chicken schwarma that was ordered by both my colleague and I in late May. It was during lunch hour, but there were only about 5-7 people seated, and it still took 20 or so minutes to get our orders. The food, on the other hand, was at least appetizing.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a delightful dinner here last nite with friends and was impressed they offer gluten free options.
The grape leaves stuffed with rice was delish.
We were all satisfy and full when we left Layla's and the service was excellant.
Its not a fancy place but warm and cozy and very comfortable !!!