“Thoroughly Disappointed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Going in I knew not to expect much. The little things I do expect: clean towels, an iron, a remote control for the television. None of which were there.
When I stay in a hotel for business I like to have a fridge and microwave in my room: cuts down on costs. My coworker requested one for his room and got it. I request one for my room and get denied. Am I to believe there is but one mini fridge and microwave in the entire facility?
The breakfast is nothing but carbs and sugar. No hot food, no protein. The first morning there wasn't even milk for the cereal. I was better off at the Starbucks across the way.
All-in-all, top five worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The cleaning people must have a cycle: make bed this day, vacuum the next, do nothing on the third. The room was consistently messy when I got back from work and it was a toss-up whether or not we would have fresh towels.
I do not recommend staying here. The price is way to high for what you get. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Ave Maria, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have returns club number.
We will NEVER stay here again when in the Stamford/Greenwich area to visit family and friends.
Originally liked the pet friendly feature, but pet is no longer an option.

We are sorry to see the hotel loose it's quality during the past few years.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Late check-in's are ok...GOOD Breakfast was ok...GOOD Room was clean and the bed was comfy...VERY GOOD That's all that really matters when rating a hotel so I recommend it for the one who needs a nice place to stay...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were visiting family while on a budget. The beds were a little too hard for my taste, the breakfast only served bagels, muffins & waffles; Which was fine for me. The shower felt like it was going to cave in. The hotel definitely needs updating, but for the price I paid I cant complain too much.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Let me begin with, I did not have any grandiose ideas of what to expect during my stay. It IS a La Quinta on I95. I was traveling for business and it was the only lodging available in the Stamford area. I booked a non-smoking room but was told when checking I should have never been allowed to book the room type. We could not stay in a smoking room due to my colleagues allergies. Rooms were at a minimum and we were sharing. We began calling other properties not caring about price at this point. The front desk was great when she heard this and we somehow were given a non-smoking room. We ewre very grateful for this until we walked into the room. Tt smelled of wet dog and felt dirty. Wht could we do there were not any other options.

In the morning I could not even shower the shower curtain was so digusting. Moldy, wet and stuck together from a previous guests shower.

The only reason i gave this property 2 stars is because of how nice the front desk staff was when they heard of our predicament.

Room Tip: Ask for parking lot side the other side abutts 95.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2014

As a very longtime La Quinta customer, I was somewhat disappointed with this property. Upon our arrival, there were several people standing around the parking lot who were obviously not supposed to be there, as evidenced by their quick departure on foot when the local PD pulled up. The staff were courteous and helpful. Handicapped access is not particularly good. The elevators are up a half-flight of stairs, necessitating use of a chair lift in a claustrophobic former closet. The room was not up to La Quinta's usual cleanliness standards. This was perhaps one of the biggest surprises. We will probably consider other accommodations when travelling the I-95 corridor next time. We recognize that this is a converted hotel from some other chain, as opposed to a ground up La Quinta, which answers the architectural challenges. The cleanliness and security issues, however, are under the control of the management of this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#4 of 14 in Stamford
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!